People & Culture (HR) Administrator
Northern is North America’s leading digital experience agency. We unite creativity, technology and performance marketing to create immersive digital experiences for leading brands in their pursuit of digital transformation. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design and improving online experiences.
Our team is made up of individuals who are dedicated to making a difference in the digital landscape. Our experts have specialized knowledge and expertise in building websites that stand out from the rest, both in look and in functionality. Our full-service solutions means we are committed to a project from the beginning stages of planning and development to the stages of strategic promotion and marketing.
Our employees are challenged to uphold the highest standards and together we strive to exceed all expectations. We are currently seeking a People & Culture Administrator who will complement our passion for creating exceptional candidate experiences and adding great talent to our growing team.
What We’re Looking For
At Northern, our most valuable asset is our team of hard-working, dedicated employees. The People & Culture Administrator supports Northern’s HR strategy and growth. In this role, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the People & Culture team, partnering with them to deliver on Nothern's people strategy. This role will also be accountable for providing the first level of support and guidance around Northern policies and programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support day-to-day administrative recruitment efforts, including job posting creation, resume review, coordinating interviews, drafting offers of employment for selected candidates, and background checks.
- Assist with the new hire orientation and onboarding process for all new employees, including creation of new hire welcome packets and first day onboarding.
- Maintain and administer our employee health & dental benefits program, including new employee enrollments, member updates, etc.
- Create and maintain accurate employee records for employees in the HRIS, ensuring data integrity and proper process adherence.
- Regularly update the HRIS, processing employee changes such as promotions, salary adjustments, transfers, leaves, terminations, etc. and managing flow of associated documentation.
- Prepare employee paperwork during all stages of the employee lifecycle such as new hire offers, employment verification letters, employee change letters, and other documentation as required.
- Manage Northern's internal programs, including Northern Nods, our peer to peer recognition program, and our virtual speaker series, NTalks.
- Oversee the administration of overtime, ensuring accuracy of hours worked and documentation.
- Respond to internal and external HR related inquiries and assist Northern’s employee base by providing support, guidance, and interpretation of policy and procedures, as needed.
- Support the HR team with the creation, rollout and ongoing management of HR programs, as well as the continuous improvement of existing programs.
- Other ad hoc administrative duties, as required.
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- 1-2 years experience in an administrative role is required.
- CHRP designation (or in progress) is considered an asset.
- Undergraduate University Degree or College Diploma in a related field (eg. Business, Office Administration, Communications, Human Resources, or comparative area of study).
- Experience in a customer facing role is considered an asset.
- Proven ability to apply creativity, innovation, and resourcefulness to daily work.
- Knowledgeable in Canadian employment legislation and human resources processes and best practices, particularly as it applies to recruitment and selection.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational management skills.
- Excellent priority setting skills with the flexibility and adaptability to respond to shifting business needs.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment along with the aptitude to prioritize multiple responsibilities and deadlines.
- Demonstrates high integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism.
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position