Job Title: Senior Manager HR Consulting and Organization Change Management
Location: Toronto, ON, London, ON, or Remote Canada
Travel: Willingness and ability to travel (up to 50-75%) which may require being at a client site up to 5 days in one week and may occasionally require travel on Sundays.
Other Requirements: Must be eligible to obtain a TN Visa to work in the USA when needed.
Are you a consultant with experience in external-facing HR consulting looking for a new challenge? McLean & Company, a division of Info-Tech Research Group, is looking for a Senior Manager/Director to develop an external-facing HR Consulting practice, building on the success of Info-Tech’s IT Consulting practice.
- Lead the development and growth of the Organization Transformation & HR Consulting practice with support from consulting leadership.
- Prepare and deliver change management assessments and plans for large scale and complex programs and initiatives across multiple stakeholder groups and levels of the organization including senior leadership.
- Provide coaching in change management, resistance management and change sponsorship to the project manager, business lead, change sponsor, project team, the extended change team, and others identified through stakeholder assessment.
- Work with consulting leadership to define short and long terms goals and targets, service line offerings, and supporting resourcing plans.
- Help define “go to market” strategies and plans.
- Lead and support business development activities by leveraging McLean & Company and Info-Tech Research Group lines of business, and personal networks; participate in qualifying leads, developing proposals, and presenting recommended solutions to clients.
- Coach and/or mentor staff related to all core “Consulting Competencies” (e.g. business development, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, analytical skills, etc.) and HR-specific leading-edge topics and solutions.
- Manage the delivery of client solutions; conduct project scoping and planning, develop project plans/charters, provide direction to team on all project activities and deliverables, work collaboratively with the client Project Manager or Sponsor to ensure the team is working effectively, and monitor and manage project activities to ensure that the project is delivered on time, on budget, with a quality that meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Identify and roll out continuous improvement activities.
Education and Experience
- 7+ years in external client-facing Organization Change Management and HR Consulting, or 10+ years of senior level HR experience.
- 4+ years of hands-on or consulting experience in Organizational Design.
- 4+ years of Organization Change Management experience.
- Clear understanding of the differences between “consulting to external clients” vs acting as a “consultant” to internal organizational customers.
- Strong track record in developing and maintaining internal and external trusting, professional relationships while offering solutions to fit the internal or external client’s needs.
- Ability to deliver complex client projects as required.
- Strong people, project, and time management skills.
- Collaborative, with superior listening, critical thinking, presentation, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assess solution options, understand advantages/disadvantages, prioritize, and make informed decisions that demonstrate a broader scope of contextual and business understanding.
- Proven ability to create frameworks around fuzzy or unstructured topics and advise on/deliver practical solutions.
- Capable of coaching and mentoring team members and peers.
- Proven ability to think beyond the confines of traditional models to generate insights, recognize opportunities, and find new and better ways to do things.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, flexible, rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50-75% of the time as required, primarily within North America.
- Ability to obtain a TN visa.
- Experience in building a successful Organization Transformation & HR Consulting Practice
- PROSCI Designation
- Project Management Designation (e.g. PMP, PRINCE 2)
- CHRL Designation or equivalent
Info-Tech Research Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic including Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.