Director User Experience
We are Canada Life
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Be your best at Canada Life.
Do you have a track record of creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Do you have a passion for leading and developing a top-notch team of digital designers? Do you ALWAYS think about the customer first? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions, we want to talk to you.
As Director, User Experience, you’re an experienced design leader with a collaborative, business-minded, creative and strategic mindset to develop and inspire our design teams as we create a forward-thinking digital experience for Canada Life.
You know how to ensure a consistent experience through complex and connected customer journeys, and you’re ready to lean into your creative direction, user research, and workshop facilitation capabilities to turn great ideas into reality in our web-based and mobile solutions.
You’ll help shape our customer experience vision into seamless and engaging experiences, supporting our agile teams and product squads throughout the entire design and development lifecycle. You have a drive to simplify complexity to deliver frictionless, high-value products to our customers and financial advisors.
You recognize the value of building positive relationships with team members, peers and stakeholders, have a passion for design, and are an ambassador who advocates for the value of our design practice.
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Montreal, Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
What you will do
As a Director, User Experience, you’ll be expected to:
- Lead and mentor UX designers and design leads on your team, while still digging into UX design work hands-on work in wireframes, prototypes, task flows, concepts, etc., when needed
- Solve complex design problems together with designers, technology, business, and subject matter experts, in collaborative, engaging, and transparent ways
- Help shape the customer experience strategy, bringing the voice of the customer and a deep knowledge of our users to the table by immersing yourself in research and observation
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders to ensure our consolidated experience vision is in line with core business values and customer expectations
- Facilitate workshops and working sessions with design teams, cross-functional agile teams, business stakeholders, technology partners, and more
- Foster effective design practices by developing and monitoring design processes, coordinating cross-team design communication, and supporting effective design share-outs, reviews and critiques
- Enable design at scale through effective direction of the corporate design system, and contributing to cross-team design decision-making
- Plan and support user research studies, using methods such as remote usability testing, A/B testing, 1:1 interviews, rapid contextual inquiries, etc.
- Empathize with our users, becoming an expert in their thoughts, needs, and behaviours that can impact product and design strategy
What you will bring
- Experience leading and coaching multifunctional teams of design strategists, researchers, UX/UI designers and visual designers
- You have several years of experience designing and overseeing delightful consumer-quality products on both web on mobile platforms
- Expertise in modern, responsive web standards with a background in the ethical and legal requirements of accessible design (AODA/WCAG/etc.)
- You have experience with corporate design systems and enterprise-level branding design
- Visual design skills, including use of a diverse set of software (e.g., InVision, Adobe CC, Sketch, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, Axure, etc.)
- Experience with planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping
- Solid knowledge and expertise in UX design, preferably in an Agile environment
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate the work our design team does, and the role it plays in adding value to the user and the business
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.?
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee?has the opportunity to?reach their potential.?
Canada Life?would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted?