Category Manager - Remote
StarTech.com is currently searching for a Category Manager to join our Product Strategy team. The Category Manager will be responsible for the overall vision, go-to-market strategy, and business case for assigned StarTech.com product lines. This person will drive growth through developing a deep understanding of our customers and their needs, capturing product opportunities, enhancing value for customers, developing business plans for assigned product lines, leveraging our strategy, and enhancing product line attractiveness and competitiveness through investment and innovation.
If you’re looking for an opportunity where you can own product strategy, assortment and positioning of assigned product lines, this could be the role for you!
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for delivering on the corporate product strategy and goals by growing revenue and profitability of assigned new and existing product categories
- Identify growth opportunities in all markets for assigned product portfolios through continuous research of our customer needs and perceptions, the global market, competitors, and OEM manufacturer anchor market trends
- Deliver a competitive edge through the development of product line business plans and product assortment while collaborating with Market Research, Product Management, Product Marketing, and Sales
- With a strong customer and market lens, work with product management on the development and prioritization of the roadmap. This will involve reviewing SKU business cases and feasibility studies, gathering and evaluating market intelligence from supplier, customer, and sales team insights in addition to monitoring competitor activities
- Deliver on StarTech.com’s brand promise while working with Product and Channel marketing to develop marketing materials at the product family level
- Working closely with Product Management/Development, develop marketing initiatives around significant new product activities, new lines, new technologies, and new macro trends focused on pull marketing strategies
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships both cross-functionally within the organization as well as with customers, channel partners, and industry colleagues and business partners
What can you bring to the table?
- Experience in Category Management or a related discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally and build relationships with internal teams and external customers and channel partners
- An analytical mindset with the ability to plan and execute on a strategy and meet revenue goals
- Proven experience in strategy planning and execution
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.