The Technical Advisory Team at StarTech.com provides both technical and pre-sales support to domestic and international StarTech.com partners and individual end users. Our Technical Advisors work cross-functionally with other teams such as Sales, Marketing and Product, gaining not only a broad view of our organization, but contributing to the overall success and continuous growth of a rapidly scaling, global organization.
In This Role You Will
- Have hands on access to over 3500 products and leading-edge connectivity technologies and peripherals (plus a sweet employee discount!)
- Work as part of a team that celebrates all things technology
- Put your knowledge and troubleshooting skills to good use while consulting with other IT professionals on product specifications, features and benefits
- Be someone’s hero by tackling complicated situations and boiling them down into easy-to-understand explanations
- Successfully support the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of StarTech.com products
- Play a key role in the continued growth of StarTech.com by providing best-in-class support to our global end users and channel partners
- Have the opportunity to work from home or join our team at our StarTech.com HQ!
- Achieve invaluable, foundational knowledge and experience that will launch your career at StarTech.com
- Demonstrated ability to work within a dynamic team of diverse perspectives and backgrounds
- Post-secondary education, preferably in an IT related discipline
- Relevant work experience in a related IT field
- Keen interest and passion for the IT industry, specifically related to connectivity, hardware and peripherals
- Ability to successfully communicate with and support customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge
- Experience with remote support software and tools for troubleshooting
- Additional languages to support our global customers
- Knowledge of StarTech.com products
- Familiarity with new and emerging technology
- Certifications such as A+ and Network+ through CompTIA
What We Offer
- A comprehensive 8-week paid training program
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply--Please select the one that works best for you!
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page com Careers
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.