Content Marketing Specialist (In-Office & Remote within 2-3 hours of London ON)
Position Location: Requirement 2-3 hours from London, ON.
Remote work options available.
Voices is the world's source for voice over actors. With clients in more than 160 countries and over 200,000 voice actors from around the world, Voices is the #1 online marketplace to find and hire voice talent.
The role of Content Marketing Specialist for Voices is to research and write new content or edit and revise existing content, for various internal and external efforts, while maintaining the established standards for brand voice.
The successful candidate for this role is a copywriting wizard - able to craft short, punchy copy that’s clear, compelling and ‘sells,’ while also being able to flex his or her journalistic muscle by conducting investigative research, and spinning it into longform content that attracts, engages and delights audiences. The ideal person in this position will be a natural collaborator and passionate communicator who is always thinking of new ways to bring relevant information to audiences far and wide. In this role, you will have the opportunity to research, write and create compelling content in support of the Voices brand, including web copy, blog articles (www.voices.com/blog), sales collateral, and more.
Content Creation, Revision, Migration and More
- Create content and assets for various Voices digital properties and channels including the web, blog, reports, case studies and more Research and write like a journalist, with the SEO-focused approach of a digital marketer applying the end product to Voices digital properties to enhance the user experience and increase our visibility in search..
- Be an advocate for continuously improved content: Review published content, provide recommendations for enhanced performance, and execute.
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts (internal and external) to generate content that offers information and/or perspective that is unique or scarce on the internet.
- Source and develop complementary visuals (e.g. banner images, infographics, SlideShare presentations, etc), working collaboratively with graphic designers and developersUpdate and optimize existing content on the website and blog (e.g. migrating content so it appears in the appropriate place, revise older blog posts to optimize for SEO, etc.).
- Be a steward of good grammar and spelling, while upholding the brand guidelines.
- Edit content or articles that are written by others in the company for brand voice and standards.
- Maintain a high volume of quality content output, in addition to balancing various smaller copy requests as required (for example, copy for ads or other efforts)
- Contribute ideas and perspectives to the planning of the editorial calendar.
- Assist with the creation of customer journey maps.
- Leverage digital insights (e.g. Google Analytics, SEO tools Keyword Planning), as well as internal documentation (e.g. content gaps) to inform topics and direction of content creation.
- Review and report on content performance on digital channels.
- While this position is within the Communications Marketing group in the Marketing Department, interdepartmental work is integral to success. Therefore, the incumbent will also be expected to develop good working relationships and provide contributions (content and insights) to the organization and greater marketing team, including Public Relations, Demand Generation and Product Marketing.
- Create content in tandem or in support of Public Relations initiatives, such as thought leadership pieces or complementary articles, when appropriate.
- BA in journalism, literature, marketing/PR, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience in journalism, content production or copywriting
- Phenomenal written communication skills and an eye for pleasing and relevant visuals to go with them
- Experience with online website content management systems (CMS)
- Strong attention to detail and project management abilities
- Ability to collaborate with other perspectives and individuals in the ideation and editing processes
- Thorough understanding of writing to optimize for search engines (SEO)., both within content and behind the scenes (metadata, etc.)
- Ability to report on website and SEO metrics using Google Analytics and SEO tools
How Voices is supporting our colleagues through this pandemic:
- Voices had all of our colleagues working from home with their laptops, monitor, accessories includes their ergonomic chairs by Monday March 16th, 2020
- We hold virtual huddle every Monday
- We care about the mental health of our colleagues through our EFAP program and human connection through our optional virtual social events such as meditation, stretching, games, happy hours, etc.
- We offer a hybrid work environment, remote and in office (when safe to do so)
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and résumé by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices thanks all candidates in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.