Technical Support Specialist
CARFAX Canada is looking for an energetic and motivated Technical Support Specialist. This new role is an opportunity for a creative problem solver to utilize and expand their excellent technical skills.
Please note, this role may require work week shift rotations and after hours on-call duty.
(Example: Week 1: Mon-Fri 8am-4pm, Week 2: Mon-Fri 12pm-8pm)
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be listening to our employee podcast while eating lunch paid for using an Uber Eats voucher. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, RRSP matching, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
Reporting to our Technical Operations Manager, CARFAX Canada is excited to announce the position of Technical Support Specialist II. This role acts as tier two support, responsible for monitoring the performance of our applications and systems. We are looking for a problem solving, tech-savvy individual who can communicate to our clients in both technical and non-technical capacities.
The successful candidate will be a new graduate with an IT background, who has experience working with, or helping support, customer service teams. You have a passion for customer service and strong initiative. You are a quick learner who loves solving complex problems and can show flexibility and adaptability when exposed to dynamic environments. This is an excellent career-growth opportunity for a customer-focused individual with a knack for solving complicated issues.
This full-time position is based in CARFAX Canada’s London, Ontario head office.
- Proactively monitor the CARFAX Canada application stack to ensure optimized operation
- Maintain and manage a working knowledge of our proprietary web-based applications and systems
- Manage the trouble ticketing system, ensuring accurate and up to date information
- Own the initial triage of systems and applications; escalating to Tier 3 and other third-parties as required
- Own the continual improvement of our applications by working with product teams on bugs and feature requests
- Work with internal and external groups during deployments
- Recommend and help drive improvements to our monitoring and alerting systems
- Develop and maintain Standard Operating Procedures and other documentation
- Act as incident commander, pushing the incident lifecycle to completion
- Provide phenomenal customer service and over-communication to non-technical and technical stakeholders when responding to incidents
- Liaise with real-time (external) data providers to ensure issues are reported and resolved quickly
- Perform problem determination, problem resolution, and root cause analysis
- Assist with IT operations projects as required
- At times, being on-call outside of business hours will be required
Education and Experience Required:
- College diploma or university degree in computer science or IT
- Experience with distributed application monitoring and alerting
- At least 1 year of prior service or help desk support experience in a high-tech environment
- At least 1 year of prior Windows and/or Linux systems administration experience
- Working knowledge of Microservice architectures, HTTP, FTP, SFTP and TCP/IP
- Familiarity with PowerShell, bash or other scripting environments helpful, but not required
- Strong sense of accountability
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired. Offers of employment may be conditional upon providing evidence of COVID-19 full vaccination.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.