The General Manager is mainly responsible for overseeing the entire organization’s operation (both commercial and production divisions) to push for excellence all across the business.
The General Manager understands the company’s values and helps cultivate a transparent work culture by sharing the oversight, direction, and recommendations to continue improving the status quo. The ideal candidate thinks like owners by: carefully managing risks; allocating resources to produce high returns; developing star performers; and crafting a strategic vision and action plans.
As a part of senior management team, the General Manager acts as a liaison between the shareholders and staff and ensures productivity and efficiency of the processes while not compromising staff retention and morale.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee day-to-day operations and resource allocations to ensure target goals and objectives are being fulfilled and the overall quality standards maintained.
- Provide direct management of front-line managers and Team Leads and provide them with performance feedback through continuous coaching.
- Communicate values, strategies, objectives, and direction to departmental managers and Team Leads and assigning accountabilities.
- Oversee hiring and staff training/development programs for ongoing improvement of the organization’s overall productivity and outcome level.
- Help resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and address internal problems that are out of departmental manager’s control.
- Report key insights of the departmental success and potential risks to shareholders through metrics and other internal resources.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of University Degree in business administration, management, or related discipline
- At least five (5) years of successful work experience in a managerial role
- Demonstrated experience in preparing metrics and presentation reports for senior management (C-level, shareholders, etc.)
- MBA is preferred but not required.
Skills & Aptitudes
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Outstanding interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to manage relationships with key clients and stakeholders in an effective manner
Certifications & Licenses
- PMP certification and/or agile training is an asset but not a requirement.
Environment & Physical
- Work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- May be required to work extended hours
- No regular travel requirement unless otherwise requested
Please send your resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your experience, knowledge, and ability towards this career path, and why we need to speak with you, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line. Thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require any accommodation at any point in the recruitment process, please let us know.