Senior Full Stack Software Developer
You Want to Work Here!
Are you looking to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the automotive industry? Are you located in Canada and looking for a remote position? Are you looking to work for a company that values their employees by providing a fantastic and flexible company culture? If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with an amazing team of people, Mobials wants to hear from you!
About the Role
The Senior Full Stack Developer role is passionate about learning, developing, and maintaining our internal frontend software systems. You will provide guidance and leadership on frontend technologies and architectures we should adopt or improve upon. You will actively contribute to the Technology team by participating in code reviews, testing, debugging and documentation. You will act as a mentor to Junior Software Developers and work closely with several business groups to effectively meet feature requests and project requirements. You possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills. You are a creative, self-starter with a passion for continuous learning and great attention to detail.
- Write efficient code to maintain and improve the performance of our existing frontend software systems.
- Develop, implement, and test medium-large sized feature requests and participate in product feature discovery.
- Perform automated testing to ensure proper functionality of our software systems.
- Complete code reviews and conduct testing to ensure software is of the highest quality.
- Detect bugs or errors within code and apply fixes in an efficient manner.
- Work to achieve sprint targets against fixed deadlines, changing requirements and/or priorities.
- Participate in daily team stand-ups, report on progress and setbacks, and openly accept guidance or mentorship from Senior Software Developers.
- Work within an Agile environment and collaborate with multiple business groups including Product Management, Sales, and Customer Success.
- Act as a mentor to Junior Software Developers by modelling best practices and providing suggestions to improve code quality.
- Research and share valuable findings of emerging technologies and industry best practices with the Technology team.
- Document and maintain software functionality.
- Fulfill developer and deployment documentation requirements.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Software Developer.
- Experience in modern front end web applications frameworks is a requirement (React, Vue, Angular or similar) is required.
- Experience with AWS (or other cloud platforms) services, RabbitMQ (or other queue services) and use of third party APIs (Twilio, Mailgun, etc.) or other similar technologies is a strong asset.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Experience with or strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to mentor Junior Software Developers.
- Dedicated team-player.
- Excellent oral, written communication and problem-solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, curious, and asks a lot of questions.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Testing and debugging experience is considered an asset.
Who We are Looking For
- You are not afraid to ask questions, rather, you are always wanting to learn.
- Curious learners = creativity = innovation = positive change
- Great attention to detail.
- You like to work with a team.
- You are not afraid to offer your opinion. We value diversity of thought.
- You take great pride in yourself and your work … you are a fan of you!
Life at Mobials Inc (You WANT to read this part!)
- A remote first work environment
- Hotel desking and available in the head office location in London, ON
- Education & personal development - we expect everyone to be learning and growing and we will support you, including financial support.
- Work life balance - Mobials allows flex-time scheduling and has competitive vacation benefits. We understand that life happens!
- Benefits - there is a company-wide, company paid flex plan health and dental program
- DPSP - We help invest in you and your future
- Social committee - we organize socials regularly (Virtual Bingo, Virtual Lunches, Beach Day, office olympics, scavenger hunts, etc.) and have a super fun annual Christmas party.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the hiring process as required under the Mobials AODA Employment Standard policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require an accommodation please contact the Director of Human Resources.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.