DevOps Observability Engineer
Join Team CARFAX as a DevOps Observability Engineer
As a DevOps Observability Engineer, you will:
Do you want Friday’s off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks between June 1 and September 6, 2021. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Work in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Participate in design decisions, including new technology research and prototyping
- Collaborate closely with DevOps teams to implement observability best practices
- Maintain observability tools for use by teams throughout Carfax
- Create observability automation that can be reused across our products and services
- Continuously analyze and evaluate our systems, products and process for potential improvements
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools (New Relic, Data Dog, AppDynamics).
- Experience building and maintaining Elasticsearch cluster
- Experience using Prometheus to monitor Kubernetes and other environments.
- Experience with AWS product offerings (e.g. EC2, VPCs, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes (AWS EKS a plus)
- Experience with the AWS Console, CLI and SDK
- Experience with Terraform, CDK or CloudFormation
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Be a firm believer in “automate everything”
Note: The summer 4-day work week is a test program in 2021 and not guaranteed in future years.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.