Information Security Officer
Voices is the #1 Online Marketplace for Sourcing Voice Over Talent.
We are looking to add an Information Security Manager to lead our IT security initiatives. They will manage a portfolio of programs in order to create a safe environment to conduct business and maintain trust on the platform. The Information Security Manager will work on a cross functional team that includes colleagues Customer Experience, Technology, Product, Finance and Marketing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, deployment and execution of policies and controls to ensure the security of company technology, information systems, and the marketplace.
- Conduct a continuous assessment of current IT security practices and systems and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide oversight and guidance regarding requests to modify technical policies such as firewall rules, ports, protocols, etc. for each IT system.
- Continuously maintain a thorough understanding of all configurations, architecture, installed software, accounts (both operating system and cloud), data flows, ports, protocols, and other relevant data for each IT System.
- Ensure compliance and governance is met through implementation, documentation and ownership of IT security policies and practices.
- Support the Security Incident Response Team in the remediation, documentation and reporting of all incidents.
- Develop and implement business continuity plans to ensure service is continuous in the event of a security breach.
- Devise strategies and implement IT solutions to minimize the risk of cyber-attacks.
- Perform IT security risk assessments, monitor security vulnerabilities and hacking threats in network and host systems.
- Champion and educate the organization about the latest security strategies and technologies.
- Accountability and administration of the portfolio of Trust and Safety initiatives for Voices marketplace.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-moving IT landscape and keep pace with the latest thinking and new security technologies.
- Thrives on change, showing an impressive ability to drive the IT security strategy forward.
- Analytical mind capable of managing numerous information sources and providing data analysis reports to senior management.
- Excellent communication skills – providing verbal and written communication that is outstanding to senior management as well as other stakeholders.
- Flexible and adaptable – capable of changing direction when required and showing flexibility to meet new demands.
- Hands on experience in platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac, Cisco, and AWS.
- Experience implementing and using various tools and processes including vulnerability assessment, patch management, Active Directory, Cisco appliances, IDS, SIEM etc.
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- BS in Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years in an Information Security role.
- Professional Information Security Certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, CISM, NCSF, etc.) considered an asset.
- AWS experience/certifications considered an asset.
- The Voices.com office is located in London, ON; however, remote work options are available
- There is a requirement of minimum 1 day in office per week and a requirement of the candidate living 2-3 hours from London, ON
How Voices.com is supporting our colleagues through the pandemic:
- Voices had all of our colleagues working from home with their laptops, monitor, accessories includes their ergonomic chairs by Monday March 16th
- We hold virtual Huddle every Monday and a quarterly Rally
- We care about the mental health of our colleagues through our EFAP program and human connection through our optional virtual social events such as meditation, stretching, games, happy hours, etc.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and resume by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.