Vice President, Information and Business Technology
About Jones Healthcare Group
Jones Healthcare Group is a world-class provider of advanced packaging and medication dispensing solutions. With over 100 years serving health and wellness markets, the privately held company is moving through an aggressive growth strategy with plans to invest $20 million into the business over the next two years.
“Over a century ago, Jones provided apothecary packaging to help pharmacists safely dispense medication to patients,” says Ron Harris, President & CEO at Jones. “One thing has never wavered since our beginning: we have always been focused on wellness. It’s in our DNA.”
Through its three business units—Cartons & Labels, Pharmacy & Medication Adherence and Packaging Services—and its two European subsidiaries Venalink UK and Venalink Spain, the company brings a unique expertise across health sectors to its customers. And, with a continued vision to advance healthcare with progressive packaging platforms, Jones puts consumer well-being first while responding to evolving market needs.
For more information, please visit www.joneshealthcaregroup.com.
Summary of position
The Vice President, Information & Business Technology will have successfully navigated and helped accelerate their company’s growth and efficiency through the application of technology and improved processes. As a highly effective business leader who excels in defining and executing a technology vision across the end-to-end value chain, this role requires an IT guru who has an understanding and track record of driving technology as a business enabler.
If you love being the foremost thought leader in all things technology and digital, and identifying technology solutions which support business unit’s strategic plans - increase revenue, reduce costs and improve organizational effectiveness, then this role will be of interest.
If you get excited about building an IT roadmap and strategy and leading a teamresponsible for the full range of information and business systems activities, then this position is a perfect fit for you.
If you are a natural influencer, team player and problem-solver that thrives on responsibility and ownership of a critical function, then you’ll want to consider this opportunity.
Here are some of the different activities you’ll be asked to do:
IT Strategy & Planning
- Develop an IT strategy and roadmap to support the business strategy
- Proactively advise on IT modernization, including relevant emerging technology and digital trends
- Balance investments in legacy technology and core operating functionality, while investing in digital transformation and agility to respond to evolving customer-facing business requirements
Relationships, Communication and People Leadership
- Proven experience building credibility and collaborating with cross-functional business unit leaders to assess organizational challenges, institute prioritization and deliver results; able to drive change through influence and persuasion
- Strong business acumen; possesses an understanding of the impact that technology has on overall business strategy and the ability and desire to contribute beyond the realm of technology
- Govern and negotiate multiple vendor and sourcing relationships for technology resources
- Conduct strategic sourcing to identify the most cost effective, efficient and appropriate utilization of resources
IT Infrastructure and Business Analysis, Performance and Risk
- Proactively monitor IT service delivery results to ensure alignment to established plans and strategies; this includes results for project delivery and supporting the day-to-day operations
- Protect and preserve sensitive data through cost-effective security measures
- Implement disaster recovery plans, back-up procedures, and information security and control structures
- Ensure tools are implemented that track and monitor user system issues and allow for prioritizing of projects
- Ensure IT infrastructure is secure, performing, and able to support the business
If you have:
- 8+ years of progressive work experience in IT, including managing and mentoring a team; experience should include exposure to both in-house and outsourced solutions and ERP software environments such as SAP
- Experience leading transformative projects
- Proven track record in ensuring alignment of service capacity, flexibility and delivery with both strategic and operational requirements
- Demonstrated experience with performance management and KPIs, monitoring results and establishing actions to improve IT delivery
- Experience in developing and delivering mission critical support to end users
- Possess considerable knowledge of computer systems, security, network and systems administration, databases, data storage systems and telecommunication systems and all related infrastructure
We’d like to hear from you!
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Jones will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. Please contact the Jones Human Resources department at 519.451.2100 about your needs, and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.
For all feedback on equity and accommodation needs, please also contact the Human Resources department.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care