You Want to Work Here!
Are you looking to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the automotive industry? Are you located in Canada and looking for a remote position? Are you looking to work for a company that values their employees by providing a fantastic and flexible company culture? If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with an amazing team of people, Mobials wants to hear from you!
About the Role
The Intermediate DevOps role is focused on working to shorten and strengthen deployment cycles; maintaining and securing infrastructure as well as the applications running on it; building and maintaining tools/environments used by Software Developers and our customers; and, troubleshooting software systems for issues and urgently resolving all issues as they arise. You possess high energy, initiative and multi-tasking ability. You consider yourself to be an innovative thinker with excellent communication skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This is an entry-level role reporting to the Manager, DevOps, with progression opportunity to Senior DevOps.
- Build and maintain Continuous Integration (CI) systems for automated testing of pull requests to assist development with a steady flow of work into source control.
- Develop Continuous Delivery (CD) automation to reduce the cost and time of incremental releases from development.
- Build safe, scalable environments for staging and production workloads.
- Write idempotent configuration management scripts that are used for deployment of applications to staging and production environments.
- Perform unit tests and integrity tests of environments.
- Create and run infrastructure provisioning configuration files for Databases, DNS, object stores, container clusters, VPCs, etc.
- Identify opportunities to standardize and improve the quality of deployments and performance assurance initiatives.
- Configure monitoring solutions for logging and to assist with issue debugging, and also develop an alerting system for infrastructure or application outages.
- Respond to all infrastructure or application outage warnings and alerts with urgency.
- Identify and patch possible security issues with applications, infrastructure, and/or networking.
- Identify and optimize potential infrastructure costs.
- Participate in daily team stand-ups and work closely with the Technology team to troubleshoot deployment issues in a timely manner.
- Create and update technical documentation, including but not limited to disaster recovery, issue runbooks, infrastructure diagrams, and deployment processes.
- Research and keep up-to-date with potential security threats, DevOps best practices and emerging tools and technologies.
- 2+ years of work experience in Software Development, System Administration and/or DevOps.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science, IT, or related field preferred.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Familiarity with operating system fundamental concepts, processes, threads, sockets, I/O, memory, filesystem.
- Experience running, maintaining, and debugging issues in the Linux operating system terminal is considered an asset.
- Experience or familiarity with networking and network infrastructure configuration and security practices.
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools, such as CloudFormation or Terraform is considered an asset.
- Knowledge or experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet.
- Comfortable working with Docker containers.
- Experience implementing CI/CD.
- Amazon Web Services experience is a plus.
- Experience with logging tools, such as Elasticsearch, splunk, Graylog is considered an asset.
- Familiar with monitoring tools, including Metricbeat, Prometheus, Nagios, Sensu.
- Knowledge or experience with container orchestration platforms, such as Kubernetes or Amazon ECS.
- Highly collaborative with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong multitasking skills and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to problem solve quickly and juggle multiple priorities.
- Manages time extremely well.
Who We are Looking For
- You are not afraid to ask questions, rather, you are always wanting to learn.
- Curious learners = creativity = innovation = positive change.
- Great attention to detail.
- You like to work with a team.
- You are not afraid to offer your opinion. We value diversity of thought.
- You take great pride in yourself and your work … you are a fan of you!
Life at Mobials Inc (You WANT to read this part!)
- A remote first work environment.
- Hotel desking and available in the head office location in London, ON.
- Education & personal development - we expect everyone to be learning and growing and we will support you, including financial support.
- Work life balance - Mobials allows flex-time scheduling and has competitive vacation benefits. We understand that life happens!
- Benefits - there is a company-wide, company paid flex plan health and dental program.
- DPSP - We help invest in you and your future.
- Social committee - we organize socials regularly (Virtual Bingo, Virtual Lunches, Beach Day, office olympics, scavenger hunts, etc.) and have a super fun annual Christmas party.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.