Full Stack Developer
Canada Life’s Digital Hub – be apart of something awesome!
ABOUT CANADA LIFE’S DIGITAL HUB
We’re on a journey of transformation that is changing the way we work and how we help our customers. In our Digital Hub, we’re designing, coding and delivering new products for millions of Canadians. We’re changing the way a trusted institution operates by bringing human-centered design, agile and modern web development practices to life. When you join the Digital Hub, you join a diverse and talented team of creatives and technologists, all working together to improve the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians.
As part of the continued growth within our Digital Hub, Canada Life is proactively seeking to build and foster a community of customer-driven individuals, with a passion for rapid delivery of value-driven solutions. If you are an experienced Full Stack Developer or have an interest in our digital transformation, we encourage you to consider applying for our Future Opportunities here!
Do you have a passion for creating compelling and meaningful digital experiences? Do you ALWAYS think about the customer first? Are you a creative problem-solver and communicator? Do you want to help lead the transformation of a company and an industry? If you answered a wholehearted yes to all these questions, we want to talk to you.
As a Full Stack Developer, you are responsible for transforming the design and product vision into a seamless and engaging product. You work hard to stay on top of fast changing technology and invest a lot of energy to learn new tricks. You are current on industry trends in client development frameworks and anticipate what the near future will bring. You love clean code, clean interfaces and have a real passion for problem solving. As a Full Stack Developer, you will also have deep understanding and proven grasp of end-to-end programming and you are eager to write APIs that deliver a great product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and build applications and provide designers with feedback and suggest trade-offs when required
- Ensure the code follows latest coding practices and industry standards
- Work closely with other developers to understand and properly use the systems APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Help and mentor other members of the team
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of experience in Java, Spring boot, Junit, Mocking framework such as Mockito, Mongodb
- Understanding of APIs and how to use them in practice
- Experience with continuous integration tools like JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo and Confluence
- Knowledge & experience with UI testing, unit testing and test automation tools and frameworks like Selenium, Jasmine, etc.
- Docker or Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Understanding and flexibility in working in an Agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Discover your opportunity. Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.