At Paystone, the Senior Accountant, will report directly to the Accounting Manager and assist in driving the day-to-day activities of the finance and accounting team. They will review and coach the staff day-to-day, they will be an integral part in the month-end close and reporting process (financial statement preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, completing cash flows, performing actual to budget variance analysis, entering beyond basic journal entries, etc). They will assist in performing actual vs. budget analysis monthly for all departments of the organization and present their work and findings to the Accounting Manager. Paystone is a fast moving and growing company, and so your resourcefulness, ability to ramp up quickly, multi-task and stay very organized is an asset!
- Assist with month-end and year-end audit preparation, accounting, and reporting to key internal and external stakeholders
- Preparing monthly GST HST PST etc remittances and filings
- Preparation of budget data and performing monthly budgetary performance analysis
- Mentor, guide, and train junior staff
- Review journal entries and account reconciliations; analyze accounts for unusual transactions.
- Prepare amortization entries, prepaids, accruals, deferred revenues, foreign exchange etc and assist, coach and mentor the bookkeeper(s)
- Remain up-to-date on new accounting procedures and their effect on financial statements
- Lots of on-demand requests and projects from the Accounting Manager and the VP Accounting
- Oversee staff expense reporting process
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Post-secondary education in Finance or Accounting
- CPA designation or equivalent is a strong asset
- 3+ years’ experience in the Accounting field beyond bookkeeping
- Superior organizational skills
- Proactive individual that can handle a balance of new projects and monthly tasks
- Ability to work independently and make qualified decisions
- Ability to multitask, patiently coach, think critically and put in extra time during busier periods
- Sound proficiency in Microsoft Office and G Suite
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this position is a remote work from home position. This may or may not change in the future – therefore it is important and imperative that the individual is diligent, responsible and most of all self-accountable with their work and proactive in their communication with both their coworkers and direct report.
Paystone is a leading Canadian provider of payment processing and customer engagement solutions. Our secure, user-friendly solutions are used at over 25,000 locations across Canada and the United States by thousands of companies, including the ALDO Group, The Source, Booster Juice, Global Pet Foods, Kernels Popcorn and 50 of the MTY Food Group's restaurant brands
Paystone is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create a safer, faster and smarter payment and customer engagement solutions for our customers. Named one of ‘Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies’ 3 consecutive years in a row and recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces in Technology’ 2 years in a row we are committed to excellence both internally and externally!
Why work for Paystone?
Certified as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces our office culture is like no other – with many virtual social events such as gaming events, fitness activities and comedy events. We offer flexible scheduling to promote a healthy work/life balance, a company perk plan through Perkopolis. We also employ an engaged and diverse workforce of all ages and ethnicities.
If you yearn to be part of a passionate, driven team whose primary vision is to forge meaningful, personal relationships with its clients all whilst working in an upbeat, fun and motivating environment then we want to meet you!
**Paystone is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require any accommodations due to disability please let us know at the time you are selected for an interview.