Quality Assurance Analyst
About PSD Citywide
PSD Citywide is a full-service firm offering research, consulting services and software to the North American public sector market. Our client base includes hundreds of small, mid-sized, and large municipalities from across North America, provincial/state and federal government agencies, and private sector entities. We are an industry leader that specializes in enterprise asset management and financial budgeting for municipalities. Over our years of experience, we have developed cutting-edge software solutions for our client’s asset management and financial budgeting needs, leaving behind mature and manageable programs making positive impacts in local communities.
PSD Citywide’s service areas are configured to meet three essential needs for governments: policy research and analysis, high-performance technology, and credible data. Through our infrastructure consulting and advisory practice, we work with decision-makers to refine organizational systems, programs and processes for better corporate outcomes.
As we continue to grow our team, we are seeking a full-time Quality Assurance Analyst to join the Software Development team. This position is remote.
The QA Analyst works collaboratively within the IT department and business units to execute and validate test cases based upon system requirements. They are responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met, and the solution works as expected.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure technical quality of software through detailed testing and feedback to relevant team members.
- Take a proactive, problem-solving/trouble-shooting approach to identifying and solving software problems; not stopping at identifying the problem, but experiment using available information to try to narrow the possibilities and determine a suggested solution.
- Document, troubleshoot, and isolate issues encountered during testing utilizing internal bug database system and providing accurate and detailed reproduction steps including visuals if possible and/or other required regression information.
- Assist with focus testing sessions and provide summary reports.
- Assist in development and implementation of comprehensive QA test plans and cases.
- Assist in the generation and implementation of procedures for more effective and efficient testing of company products.
- Assist with testing using internal development tools.
- Contribute to a positive work environment by getting involved with all departments of the team, understanding their roles and interacting with the team on a regular basis to help gain a rounded perspective of the project.
- Ensure conformance of all company and departmental standards, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-3 years experience in a software QA role.
- Extremely familiar with all aspects of software verification including: functionality, performance, and system testing.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong problem-solving ability, in addition to honesty, strong work ethic.
- Working knowledge of most popular console platforms, Windows operating systems and related hardware.
- Deadline driven individual with strong verbal, technical, and written communication skills, creative and able to collaborate with team members with professionalism and tact.
- Advance skills with MS Word and Excel.
- Professional self-starter with a commitment to constantly upgrade skills through continuous learning.
All resumes will be reviewed for experience working with key technologies. Only those who qualify will be contacted for an initial screening interview. We strive to provide a quick recruitment process, but to find the right candidate for the job the process may take up to a month to complete. We make every effort to follow up with every candidate regarding the next step in the process.
If you are invited to a screening interview you will discuss your experience with one of our HR team members. This interview is an opportunity to get to know a little more about the company, the type of work we do and impact we have.
Candidates invited to a Virtual Interview will meet with the department Manager and a member of the HR team. This will allow the candidate to get to know the team as well as learn more about our processes, culture and growth opportunities we have at PSD Citywide.
Why work with us?
Employee personal and career growth is important to us and we will encourage you to pursue the things you care about. We have a mentoring program that matches you with a senior team member for your first three months to ensure you get fully acquainted with our team. We also encourage continuous learning through a Training & Development program allowing our employees to fully explore their interests and contribute to different product development teams at PSD Citywide.
- Competitive Salaries
- Full Benefits Package
- Relocation Assistance Program
- Company Matched RRSP Contributions
- Remote work options
- Summer Schedule
- Flex Hours & Paid Time off
- Social and Charity events and initiatives
- Ergonomic work stations
PSD Citywide is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply, and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.