Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) role at JMP Solutions is responsible for achieving sales targets by creating, sustaining and cultivating business relationships and opportunities on a quarterly and annual basis with existing customers and new target prospects. The role requires frequent client interaction as well as internal communication with our engineering team to develop solutions that meet the customer’s needs and ultimately drive success as measured by our Net Promoters Score process.
The BDM will be responsible for selling Robotic Automation Systems in Food, Flexible Machine Tending, CPG and Tube and Pipe segments. This includes both Turnkey Robotic Projects (CapEx centric) and retrofit projects (OpEx centric).
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Drive new and current business relationships with targeted prospects and customers across defined segments and applications
- Key target segments for this role include:
- Food & CPG – JMP has a focus on Ready to Eat food applications including pick, pack and pall applications
- Machine Tending – Flexible machine tending robotic solutions for lathes, mills, etc in a variety of industries
- Tube and Pipe – JMP has several unique robotic solutions focused on the tube and pipe marketplace
- JMP is looking to grow into new markets that support our core expertise and we have a compelling value proposition for customers
- Drive the sales process with customers from prospecting to qualifying to the closing of the business
- Act as a spokesperson and advocate for JMP Solutions within the industry, promote JMP and represent the company’s vision, culture, and values
- Attend industry events as needed and assist in the development of the JMP Solutions go-to-market plan
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas for Robotic or Automation related projects and solutions
- Deep understanding of the automation market: 5+ years of experience
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with the mindset of customer success, a high degree of passion, etc.
- Highly coachable and trustworthy
- Demonstrated track record of closing $1M+ projects in defined industry and segments
- High integrity and commitment to delivering JMP values to customers
- Established network of business contacts and clients
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration to drive a win-win paradigm
- An ability to travel; BDMs should have the ability to travel within the US and Canada
- An ambitious and persuasive achiever with a casual and direct communication style
- Prioritize cooperation and alignment before taking action
- Maintain control over quality and accuracy by asking questions frequently
- Ability to build strong relationships
How Could you Boost your Application?
- Business, Marketing or Engineering degree preferred
- Experience in sales processes such as Miller Heiman strategic selling
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. JMP’s Core Competencies are essential to employee success. JMP employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to complement the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brainpower
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest-growing Systems Integrator in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
Who is the Automation & Robotics Team?
We tackle challenging robotic pick-and-place, packaging, palletizing, assembly, and quality inspection applications for clients across North America in multiple industries. Typical projects range between 3-12 months in duration, $100k to $10M+ in value, and 3 to 20 team members you can count on.
We are problem solvers who automate and improve manufacturing processes through innovative projects. Speed, precision, flexibility, adaptivity, and tenacity are traits that our people share with the robotic systems we create. With an intense focus on customer experience, we are growing rapidly and constantly evolving.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.