Project Manager (Intermediate-level)
Are you a LONDON, ON-based intermediate Project Manager looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level?
Then bring your 3 to 5 years of project management experience in an agency or consultancy environment to the largest network of social properties around the globe - Diply. We have 130M fans across Lifestyle, Entertainment, DIY and Crafts, Parenting, and more for you to unleash your talents in managing medium to large size projects to successful completion following project discipline principles and processes.
You might know us best for some of our social brands: Crafty, Mommy Needs Vodka, Delicious, Aunty Acid and Diply Facts!. As a member of our Project Management team, you will facilitate the defining and documenting of key project parameters, create and execute project work plans, and work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to contribute to the successful outcomes of every project.
This is the right role for you if you have…
- a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience working in an agency or a consultancy firm managing diverse projects for clients, assuming progressively greater levels of responsibility (but not more than 6 years!)
- experience as a Scrum Master or similar role, focusing on detailed task management and resource allocation throughout the entirety of the project lifecycle
- certification in project management (may be in progress) and a proven track record of managing projects to successful outcomes
- Previously worked with full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) management incorporating design, analysis, development, testing and implementation
- proven experience using JIRA to oversee and monitor project workflows
- exceptional relationship management and customer service skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional project groups, internal sponsors and direct team members
- exceptional skills for managing small to medium sized projects and producing project deliverables using project management processes, methodologies and disciplines (project charters, project plans, project budgets, test strategies, implementation plans, Agile)
- strong presentation and communication skills including verbal, written and listening as well as an innate ability to ask the right questions and influence the resolution of issues and conflicts to drive project success
- orientation towards designing, implementing and evolving project management processes, tools, standards and practices to strengthen the company’s approach (we are still maturing our approach to project management so there is opportunity here!)
- demonstrated flexibility, critical thinking skills, and an ability to work independently and effectively under pressure to meet tight and shifting timelines.
Bonus points if you have…
- experience with projects involving software or product development
- knowledge of digital social platforms, business intelligence/analytics, application programming, database and system design.
About this role…
This is a new intermediate-level role that allows us to add capacity to this critical function in our organization. Reporting to the Director, Infrastructure (Project & Process), this role is responsible for delivering project management services across the organization, managing the product roadmap for the organization and working to increase the effectiveness of our ability to deliver projects on time, on target and on budget.
We are looking for an extremely talented and strong intermediate-level, project manager who prefers working in an entrepreneurial environment on a variety of projects and is ready for a new challenge. Diply offers an environment in which you can grow your career, master new skills and have a direct impact on the business in your role - plus have a great time working with an awesome team!
...we are ONLY interested in candidates who live in or around London as our product & technology team is based there. During this time, all staff members are working from home until further notice. This role will be expected to be on-site upon re-opening of our London based office. Candidates near the London area can be considered with the expectation of being able to commute into work once we are back in office, or willing to relocate.
...this is NOT a senior level role and the projects under management are NOT big scope ERP-type undertakings. If you have more than 6 years experience, this is probably not the right role for you.
If you are interested, please include both a copy of your resume and a cover letter explaining why you believe this job has your name on it.
Candidates without cover letters will not be considered.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply. Upon your request, we provide accommodation for disabilities during the recruitment and selection process. If you request accommodation, HR will reach out to consult with you so that we can tailor our arrangements to suit your needs. In addition, all new employees are advised of our policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
Apply for this job