Is your enthusiasm is contagious? Are you a team player who thrives on collaboration and you’re able to pivot in a dynamic and fast-paced environment? Are you a continuous learner who looks to contribute to the success of the organization and the team and you bring a solid understanding of the full range of Human Resources disciplines, including the capability to deliver high caliber services. If so, the HR Generalist position is for you!
At CARFAX Canada, we’re more than just obsessed with cars. We’re obsessed with data and using it to help millions of Canadians buy, sell and maintain cars - but you can learn that on our website. Let’s talk about the sweet perks you’ll get when working here (i.e. what you actually want to know): Some days you’ll be taking in-house leadership training courses, other days you’ll be listening to our employee podcast while eating lunch paid for using an Uber Eats voucher. Grab a seat in the state-of-the-art office in 100 Kellogg Lane and collaborate the day away? What’s that, it’s the summer? Well, the 4-day work weeks have kicked in; enjoy those extra paid days off! Why not use one of your paid volunteer days to give back to your community? What else can we list? Competitive wages, amazing benefits, yearly performance-based bonuses, RRSP matching, health and wellness programs, a literal award-winning culture, parental leave top-ups and all kinds of social events. To top all of this off, every day you get to choose how you get to do meaningful work with incredible people. So, looks like we’re obsessed with a few things here – data and our people!
As an experienced Human Resources Generalist reporting to the Human Resources Manager, you will provide support on the execution of HR strategic initiatives. Program development, culture enhancement and employee development will be key areas to champion. This role is suitable for an experienced Generalist looking to challenge their skills providing full spectrum HR practices in a growing, fast paced company. Your pursuit of HR excellence and project management skills will be critical in the identification and implementation of HR process improvements.
- Support development and execution of HR policies and programs, implement and develop activities, tools and programs for the business, and support the people strategy and management activities.
- Provide expertise and guidance on programs and related reporting.
- Work closely with the People and Business Partner and business leaders to resolve issues, streamline processes and implement solutions that enhance the employee experience.
- Adhere to enterprise frameworks or methodologies that relate to activities for our business area.
- Ensure respective programs, policies and practices are well managed, efficient, meet business needs, complies with internal and external requirements, and aligns with business priorities.
- Consistently exercise discretion in managing correspondence, information and all matters of confidentiality; escalate issues where appropriate.
- Work independently as the subject matter expert, as well as coach and educate others.
- Oversee and/or independently perform tasks from end to end.
- Apply expert knowledge of HR policies, processes, procedures, systems, concepts and operating standards to drive unit or team performance.
- Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and, teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest.
- Provide thought leadership and/ or industry knowledge and participate in knowledge-transfer within the team and business unit.
- Stay current with emerging trends/ developments to grow knowledge of the business, related tools and techniques.
Education and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary degree in a human resources program, or related field
- CHRP/CHRL designation (completed or in progress) is highly preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ recent experience ideally in a human resources generalist function
- Proficiency in MS Office software (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Advanced knowledge of multiple HR specialties, HR strategy development, HR policy, consulting principles, regulations, standards, tools, methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communications to interact with all levels of the organization and convey business context clearly and effectively in a fast-changing environment
- An analytical mind with attention to detail and strong judgement skills to maintain discretion in handling confidential information
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
We’re committed to providing accommodations by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, service and sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters in London, Ontario supports Canadian and U.S. markets, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, enabling used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI). Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.