Automation Technician - Electrician
The JMP Automation & Robotics Division designs, builds, and integrates world-class smart robotic solutions to solve challenging material handling and manufacturing problems for a variety of industries. Our projects typically last between 3-12 months and range in value from $500k to $5M with project team sizes between 5 and 20 members.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
Fulfilling. As an Automation Technician - Electrician, you will contribute to multiple projects daily. Working with the Shop Supervisor, you will provide input into mechanical designs to increase ease of build, functionality and maintenance. You will contribute to the overall design of fixtures, tooling, end effectors and cell layouts in a collaborative environment. Complete all wiring and cabling of machine components and perform onsite troubleshooting and adjustment and service work for JMP’s automation systems. As the subject matter expert, you will provide input into appropriate solutions relating to rework items and offer cost reduction and improvement suggestions around the company’s internal standards.
What qualifies you for this opportunity?
- Licensed electrician with mechanical skills or a licensed millwright with electrical knowledge
- Proficiency in assembly and/or wiring of machine components
- Expert in pneumatic design and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical devices
- Mechanical knowledge and experience (design, tooling, fixtures, experience with a machine builder, etc.)
How could you boost your application?
- A team player who also possesses the drive and responsibility to work autonomously when required
- Proficiency in fabrication including welding, machining and control wiring
- Exposure to robotic applications
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
- Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.