About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. In addition to winning Canadian Defence reviews award in 2016 for best Canadian defence company, GDLS-C offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for employees. General Dynamics is recognized as #13 in Forbes top 300 Canadian employers.
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the people who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
About the Opportunity
Our company is seeking a Project Engineering Specialist to be a part of our Engineering team. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable working in a team environment, has the ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position. Your duties will also include:
- Member of an Integrated Project Team with other Departmental leads to prepare government proposals, ensuring proposed products meet with the technical requirements and exceed competitive offerings by leading the execution and coordination of engineering efforts
- Provide technical direction as required with other departments and subcontractors, ensuring that new designs and other Engineering scope is developed in accordance with the technical requirements of the prime contracts(s), meeting cost and schedule targets
- Prepare and present necessary material and attend meetings as required by contract and project scope of work (In process reviews, Start of Work Meetings, Technical interchange meetings, Design reviews, supplier meetings, etc.)
- Identify, communicate and mitigate risk using internal tools and best practices
- Keep internal and external stakeholders informed of progress & status including presenting to senior executives
- Develop, coordinate and support Technical Data Package as required
- Conduct test planning and execution to validate systems for vehicle and ancillary equipment performance requirements including leading activity at test centers as required
- Support Failure Analysis and Root Cause Correct Action investigations on issues
- Lead responses to Customer's requests by coordinating with internal departments: present technical solutions, technical positions/trade-offs and compliance verification to Customer project teams
- University degree or College diploma in an Engineering technical discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, agile, set priorities and multi-task under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to document, present, and defend technical recommendations
- Ability to travel in Canada and/or Internationally, up to 25% of time
- Experience in Government contracts
- Experience in proposal development
- Experience in major contract/subcontracts development and execution
- Experience in the application and industry knowledge for Heavy Truck (Class 8) and Ancillary Equipment solutions
- Professional Engineering designation
At GDLS-C, you'll be welcomed into a tight-knit and social team with an excellent health and safety record. As a Fortune 500 company, you'll also gain valuable industry experience and have opportunities to take your career to new heights.
At GDLS-C we offer a competitive wage and benefit package.
If you are looking for that next dynamic Engineering opportunity and looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada team today!
General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.