Machine Learning Developer
Join the Data Technologies Decoder team as a Machine Learning Developer
Do you want Friday’s off all summer? You read that right! At CARFAX, we care about work-life balance and we’re constantly looking for new ways to ensure we provide it. This summer we’re piloting 4-day work weeks between June 1 and September 6, 2021. We’re super excited about this and you should be too! We’ve created the type of company culture where the term, “work-hard, play-hard” isn’t just a catchy saying, it’s part of the #CARFAXdifference!
As a Machine Learning Developer, you will work collaboratively on a team of engineers and data scientists to design, build and scale our ambitious machine learning and natural language processing solutions. Leveraging the latest techniques and tools, this unique opportunity will aim to unlock the hidden potential in billions of records and enrich the quality of data provided by our automotive reporting products delivered daily to consumers across the globe.
As a Machine Learning Developer you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Utilize Test Driven, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Innovate new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Acquire, analyze, transform and move large, complex datasets
- Participate in the design and development of our deep learning, ML and NLP solutions
- Understand NLP concepts like: Named Entity Recognition (NER), Sentiment Analysis, Data Tokenization, Lexical Semantics, Relationship Extraction, etc.
- Understand ML fundamentals: loss functions, classification and regression models, feature engineering, hyperparameter optimization, and model validation
To be successful as a Machine Learning Developer, you will be expected to have:
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, (or related field of study)
- 2+ years of experience building algorithms and applying machine learning solutions to business problems
- Software engineering skills: version control, build pipelines, object-oriented programming.
- Hands on experience with big data systems like Hadoop, Spark, AWS EMR, Azure HDInsights, etc.
- Industry knowledge creating ETLs to extract, translate and load large datasets
- Relational and NoSql database systems experience
- Experience with AWS environments.
- ML frameworks: TensorFlow, Torch, Caffe, or Theano.
- Python, Scala, Java or .NET.
- Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or MongoDB
- Hadoop/AWS EMR, Apache Spark
- AWS product knowledge (e.g. EC2, VPCs, Lambda, API Gateway, etc.)
- AWS Console, CLI and SDK experience
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform, CDK, or CloudFormation
- Git version control
Note: The summer 4-day work week is a test program in 2021 and not guaranteed in future years.
CARFAX, a unit of IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by CARFAX vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, CARFAX provides exclusive services like CARFAX Used Car Listings, myCARFAX, CARFAX History-Based Value and the flagship CARFAX Vehicle History Report. CARFAX is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and Glassdoor.com. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
CARFAX is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of CARFAX to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, pregnancy, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CARFAX will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. We are a participant in E-Verify.