Field Service Technician
ZTR’s Locomotive Technical Services team has an exciting opportunity in the role of Field Service Technician! In this role you will be providing highly technical 24/7 in-house phone support and troubleshooting on PLC based solutions.
Enter a workplace where you can take advantage of your skills and talents to make a difference both as an individual and as part of a high performance team. ZTR hires only the most talented and brightest employees to join an innovative environment where new ideas are encouraged; and extraordinary performance is rewarded.
As the Field Service Technician, you will:
- Provide excellent Customer Service and Support in both field and telephone support
- Program, configure and troubleshoot ZTR locomotive operation, products, and solutions
- Travel to customer sites for commissioning & installation of ZTR equipment
- Provide on-site technical training and presentations to customers
- Perform sales support and project management tasks as assigned
- Provide 24/7 on Call rotation.
- Minimum two year diploma in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering Technology, Technician, or Technologist.
- Familiarity with PLC and/or Locomotive background is an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work autonomously at customer sites and manage project scope & cost
- Exceptional organizational and data entry skills required for related administrative tasks
- Ability to travel 10% - 50% to customer sites for on-site commissioning and/or installation of ZTR equipment.
- In possession of, or eligible to receive a TN visa to travel to the United States.
Why Work at ZTR?
At ZTR, we are passionate about technology and innovation! ZTR continuously promotes a healthy balance between work, fun and family. This is a place for driven people to make a difference in our company and within our customers’ organizations. You will have the ability to direct your own career path at ZTR as we are rapidly growing with numerous opportunities for professional growth and development.
We live and breathe by our ZTR Golden Rules:
Apply for This Job
- One team, one dream
- Embrace our differences
- Build relationships
- Customer success fuels our success