Email & CRM Strategist
Headquartered in London, Ontario, Northern is an integrated digital solutions agency helping leading brands across North America navigate digital transformation. Our solutions help brands grow by optimizing their digital customer journey. We have strategically assembled a group of innovators, who have a passion for technology, design, and improving digital experiences.
What We’re Looking For
Join our growing Digital Marketing team as an Email & CRM Strategist! Take charge of crafting and executing targeted email campaigns with platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Klaviyo, and Adobe Campaign. Analyze data, segment audiences, and optimize campaigns for engagement and conversion. Collaborate with teams for an exciting opportunity to enhance your skills and contribute to developing robust marketing solutions for our diverse clients.
Our Connected Workplace Program gives you the option to choose a remote, hybrid or in-office workspace!
Benefits of Becoming a Northerner
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing:
- Benefits plan, including a Health Spending Account
- Wellness Program & LifeWorks EAP
- Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Vet Care Program
- RRSP Matching
- Profit-Sharing Performance Bonuses
- Endless Professional Growth Opportunities
- Delicious Meals & Company Social Events
- Free Onsite Parking
- Referral Bonus Program
- Flexible work environment - so you can work where & when you work best
- Allowance to help set up home office
Just to name a few!...
Duties & Responsibilities
- Craft and implement progressive email and SMS marketing strategies aligned with client business goals, leveraging expertise in Enterprise Marketing Platforms such as; Adobe Campaign, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and Klaviyo.
- Manage and optimize client CRM systems for data accuracy, implementing tailored customer journey mapping within the platform.
- Plan, execute, and refine multi-channel campaigns for clients, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless delivery.
- Utilize data-driven insights to analyze and optimize client email, SMS and CRM campaign performance, focusing on key performance indicators.
- Conduct A/B testing on email elements to continually enhance campaign effectiveness, delivering impactful results for clients.
- Design and implement cutting-edge marketing automation workflows, integrating CRM systems to maximize efficiency for client campaigns.
- Implement best practices in managing and segmenting client email lists for personalized communication and improved engagement.
- Showcase agency proficiency in a variety of CRM platforms, ensuring seamless execution and troubleshooting technical challenges.
- Ensure client email and SMS campaigns comply with regulations and industry best practices, staying abreast of changes and proactively adapting strategies.
- Serve as day-to-day technical platform subject matter expert to internal and client teams
- Foster strong collaboration with clients and internal teams, delivering transparent communication on campaign performance, strategies, and recommendations.
Knowledge, Education & Experience Required
- Minimum 3-5+ years of hands-on, practical experience specifically in designing and executing email and SMS marketing strategies using Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC), Klaviyo and/or Adobe Campaign.
- Hands-on experience with journeys within the Salesforce and Adobe ecosystem, ensuring proficiency in leveraging automation capabilities.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, specifically applied to analyzing email and CRM campaign performance and providing strategic optimizations.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team, fostering effective collaboration with cross-functional teams for campaign planning and execution.
- Proficiency with HTML, MJML, CSS and/or responsive email coding
Bonus Skills: (not required but will get you noticed!)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist / Developer Certification
- Adobe Campaign Certification
- Agency experience preferred, with 2+ years experience in a client-facing role and knowledge of overall agency structures and agile project management methodologies
Since its founding in 2015, Northern has grown to 150+ employees, helping leading brands across North America navigate digital transformation. Northern is positioned as a leader in the performance advertising industry as a Facebook Marketing Partner and Google Premier Partner —awarded to only 3% of agency partners in Canada. Our campaigns with leading brands in North America have been recognized as best in class through the Google Premier Partner Awards, Search Engine Land Awards, and the Canadian Search Awards.
Northern’s continued growth, strengthened by our strong company culture, has led to multiple recognitions by Great Place to Work® Canada including Best Workplaces™ in Canada, Ontario, for Women, for Hybrid Work, and more.
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.