Controller (In-Office & Remote within 2-3 hours of London ON)
Position Location: Requirement 2-3 hours from London, ON.
Remote work options available.
Voices is the #1 online marketplace for sourcing and hiring voice over talent and has been rated as one of Deloitte’s Fastest Growing Tech Companies in Canada. Voices offers talented and motivated people the opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing company.
As the Controller, your main goal is to combine your financial management skills with your ability to lead growth and organizational sustainability through effective decision making based on accounting information. You will report directly to the Director, Finance. This position will put you into a rapidly growing industry and will require you to have strong analytical skills, time management, resource management, and an ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Provide exceptional leadership and support to the accounting team members
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that provide tremendous value for internal users
- Review monthly results and provide meaningful analysis on the company’s financial position
- Oversee the corporate payroll process
- Manage a highly efficient month end close process
- Serve as the lead contact with external auditors
- Play a key role in the annual corporate budgeting process
- Provide analytical support to achieve cost reduction initiatives and operational efficiencies
- Continually monitor and develop accounting controls, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP
- Maintain a continuous improvement mentality to enhance financial reporting and month-end processes
- High degree of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning
- An excellent communicator and leader who has a positive attitude and impeccable ethics
- Extreme attention to detail skills
- Ability to establish strong working relationships at all levels and within different functions across the organization (e.g. sales, marketing, technology, etc)
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and manage time
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as an independent self-starter
Education and Experience
- University degree in Business/Accounting, and a CPA accounting designation, (CMA, CA, CGA) or working towards the completion of this designation, is preferred
- Solid experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and financial management
- 3+ years of progressive experience in a financial management capacity including leading an accounting or audit professionals team
- Financial analysis, budgeting and some strategic planning experience
- Excellent knowledge of Excel including advanced functionality experience
- Experience with preparing a budget for multiple customer verticals and product lines
- Experience with Salesforce and/or Sage Intacct would be an asset
- Experience with and working knowledge of payroll, payroll compliance would be an asset
How Voices is supporting our colleagues through this pandemic:
- Voices had all of our colleagues working from home with their laptops, monitor, accessories includes their ergonomic chairs by Monday March 16th, 2020
- We hold virtual huddle every Monday
- We care about the mental health of our colleagues through our EFAP program and human connection through our optional virtual social events such as meditation, stretching, games, happy hours, etc.
- We offer a hybrid work environment, remote and in office (when safe to do so)
Equal Employment Opportunities
Voices values diversity. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Voices is committed to providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letter and résumé by completing the online application. By doing so, your resume is guaranteed to be reviewed.
Voices thanks all candidates in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.