Senior Software Developer - Frontend
Senior Frontend Software Developers contribute to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle through the analysis, design, implementation, verification, and maintenance of software solutions. This role works closely with Business Unit stakeholders to review requirements, validate designs, create work estimates, develop software, and verify product releases. The Software Developer will also work in close collaboration with the Software Development Team Lead and Manager to define and implement best practices across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Design and code complex software applications from business and technical specifications
- Develop, execute, and review unit, component, and integration level tests to verify requirements are met
- Ensure coding standards and product quality targets are met through the completion of code reviews
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues for assigned projects
- Support the professional development of junior team members through coaching and mentoring
- Enable continuous improvement across the SDLC through the introduction of new technologies and processes
- Create and review technical and end user product documentation
Technical Lead Responsibilities:
- Develop a detailed technical understanding of client needs and project requirements
- Lead and coordinate day-to-day technical execution of on and offshore Engineering staff
- Work with Architects to review and provide feedback for Software Design Documents
- Act as the primary point of contact for Project Management status updates
- Collaborate with technical stakeholders to create detailed work package estimates
- Create, prioritize, assign, and monitor all software development tasks for assigned projects
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience in solution design, implementation, and technology leadership
- 5+ years professional experience building compelling front-end UI products
- Deep knowledge and experience with Angular, React, Next.js, or other frameworks and custom CSS styling and animations
- Understanding of AWS or similar cloud platforms including hands-on implementation experience
- Demonstrated ongoing learner who is flexible and adaptable always looking to grow skillset and experiences
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada either through a valid open work permit or permanent residency
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply for this Job