ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993, Digital Extremes has become an employer of choice for talented people seeking rewarding career opportunities in the gaming industry. We are widely recognized for creating the award-winning Warframe, a free-to-play, third-person coop, PVP action shooter, space ninja adventure game available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. Our early titles include Epic Pinball, Solar Winds: The Escape, Unreal and Unreal Tournament co-created series (and all its iterations) as well as The Darkness II. With over 300 of the industry’s widely talented and culturally diverse employees in both Canada and the US, we are warriors combining our expertise to deliver superior fast-paced gameplay and intense melee combat all with a great deal of passion.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Professional development and career support
- Fitness and parking/transit subsidies
- Daily lunches prepared onsite by our in-studio Executive Chef and professional kitchen staff
- All-day snacks and drinks, sleep pods, massage chairs, cold brew, dog therapy days and more
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes is seeking an Editorial Coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for writing creative, on-brand marketing copy and working with the Editorial team to creatively construct and curate Warframe’s social media presence. Your go-to weapon will not be your Skana, but your keyboard. Your knowledge of current social trends is only surpassed by your ability to write clever, concise, on-brand marketing copy. You’re just as passionate about writing as you are about distilling information down to its core themes and finding creative ways to translate that message to the perfect, shareable bite of social media. Swiping through the latest social apps is your idea of fun, while poring through scripts, quests and content to replicate their magic in your copy is your ideal way to spend an afternoon.
- Write creative, on-brand marketing copy to support Warframe (and future games) social media marketing, blogs, emails, websites, advertising, game trailers, key messaging, and store descriptions
- Monitor Warframe’s social media presence and identify opportunities to proactively engage using an on-brand voice
- Keep track of the latest social media trends and present opportunities for Warfame’s engagement strategy
- Work closely with our marketing and development teams to become an expert on our games and brand voice and tone
- Transform and organize huge, constantly changing feature lists into captivating, cohesive, and concise marketing copy that captures the spirit and narrative of its source material
- Work directly with advertising team to deliver copy and concepts that successfully cut through the noise
- Curate community-generated content that every player needs to see, from awe-inspiring fan art to must-watch videos
- BA in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field
- 1-3 years experience in the games, movie, television and/or music industries in a marketing and/or advertising capacity that involved copywriting for various mediums
- Demonstrable creative work and social media experience
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented, quality-focused and driven to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Clever, creative personality with a passion for gamer culture
- Knowledge of games and the game industry markets – including player audiences, genres, preferences and trends
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://www.digitalextremes.com/careers/postings/marketingpr/editorial-coordinator