Manager, Business Intelligence
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Systems, the Manager, Business Intelligence (BI) is responsible for overseeing business intelligence and integration initiatives, and projects across the organization. The primary objectives are to design, deliver and support business intelligence solutions that are aligned to the business strategy and goals of the organization; maintain and improve data quality; and implement a culture of data governance.
This role works closely with senior business leaders to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support analytics solutions to deliver essential information to satisfy their information needs.
This role can be performed primarily remotely, with monthly or semi-monthly in-office visits to our Head Office in London, ON.
What will you be doing?
- Be the point of contact for BI / Analytical improvements for the organization. Understand and document business requirements and translate them into BI deliverables.
- Implement improvements to existing analytical models and implement new analytical models.
- Support Power BI reporting in the business (teach, support, develop reports / dashboards).
- Manage the collection, processing and storage of data received from third parties (sales transaction and competitive intelligence).
- Manage EDI and automation projects using robotic process automation tools.
- Provide leadership and coach BI and Integration team.
- Stay current with Microsoft’s evolving Power BI and Power Automate technologies and support the team through learning and discovery phase of the new technologies.
- Develop implementation plans that are reviewed and agreed to by business stakeholders to ensure the work aligns with company goals and strategies.
- Schedule and manage work in sprints.
- Develop and implement a QA plan for the BI Environment.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement within the business and IT.
- Escalate when there is a priorities conflict, system or data security breach or significant issue that will impact business performance or decision making.
What can you bring to the table?
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 10 years of professional experience involving building data / digital solutions to solve business problems
- At least 7+ years of experience directly managing and building a high performing team
- Demonstrated experience in BI / Data warehousing architecture planning and development
- Strong knowledge base on Modern Data Warehouse Technologies (Microsoft BI Solutions) in addition to show legacy BI Technologies (SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, other databases)
- Experience with Power BI (Pro/Premium), Modeling and Reports, Paginated Reporting, Data Flows, Tabular Editor, Security, Power BI Tenant Administration, Governance, and Best Practices
- Proficient with the following technologies: Azure Data Lake and Data Lake Security, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse – Dedicated and SQL Serverless, PowerPlatform – PowerApps, Dataverse and the Common Data Model, PowerShell, Azure Functions, Azure Dev Ops, GitHub, Jira
- Strong Knowledge of D365 F&O and CRM Data integration strategies
- Knowledge and experience with EDI, ArcESB, automation
- Genuine interest in bleeding/leading edge analytics technologies
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, ability to take direction and work independently
- Ability to lead the team to accomplish goals on time and work well in a team environment
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Bonus Plan
- Access to corporate wellness initiatives such as the Headspace app and fitness subsidy
- Training and Development Programs
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- StarTech.com Product Discount
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are proud to be included as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 2022 and for the 12th consecutive year. We are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.