At Synamedia, the world’s most talented innovators and trailblazers are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed. We are backed by the Permira funds and Sky.
This is the age of infinite entertainment and we must be ready to adapt to new opportunities and challenges. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners, and broadcasters
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity.
We are steering the video industry by building the Enterprise RDK (eRDK) stack for Video and Broadband managed solutions for operators who want to securely deploy a next-generation experience and maintain control of their devices and data. We have a spectacular opportunity for an Enterprise Architect in London, Ontario to design and architect enterprise solutions that support the deployment of eRDK devices with some of the leading Internet and Video service providers across the world.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who wields a robust appetite and tenacious grit for spearheading, building, and collaborating. Embarking on a journey alongside a widespread colony of about 2,200 employees, you are expected to collaborate and lead the evaluation of various technologies across the enterprise solution with the help of the development team leads. You will work closely with product management and design teams to understand the business needs and propose alternative architectures. Hence, possessing excellent hands-on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results are exceptionally vital in conquering new technologies and forging an infinite path with us.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Defining technical architecture and functional solution for both end-user APIs, service, and device control.
- Owning the Enterprise Architecture vision and roadmap while leading new technology investigations and the design of enterprise application solutions, interfaces, and protocols within the broader solution
- Evaluating and proposing enterprise technology and architecture platform by either leading or doing proof of concepts
- Institutionalizing and driving architecture best practices across business design teams whilst coordinating with the development team to ensure the infrastructure is in place and that it meets project needs
- Working with customers, partners, system integrators, and regional leaders to understand their goals and pain points. This will result in translating into requirements along with developing products using machine learning, data visualizations, and decision support systems to help stakeholders meet their goals.
- Working closely with our product managers, marketing managers, and software developers to provide guidance and recommendations regarding the design of applications, products, and security requirements while using approved integration methods
- Planning and leading the Technical Architecture analysis and design for projects while architecting the integration across application teams and infrastructure
- Gathering and translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications
Click here to apply
- Bachelors or equivalent of Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- Deep understanding and knowledge of project methodologies (agile, iterative, waterfall)
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with cloud concepts (microservices), technologies, platform - Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS
- Good knowledge of scripting/development languages (Python, Bash, etc) and networking concepts (TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, etc)
- Experience with cloud-based architecture solutions, web and mobile-based applications, and interface/integration development tools
- Experience in development and troubleshooting on the cloud platform
- Experience with data formats (JSON, YAML, XML) and package management tools (NPM, Yarn)
- Experience with source management and DevOps tools (Git, GitOps, Jenkins, Grafana, Ansible, and JIRA
- Experience using test-driven development, continuous integration, and test automation
- Familiar with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review