ccounting Associate (Bilingual - French & English)
You Want to Work Here!
Are you looking to work one of the fastest growing technology company's in London, ON? Are you looking to work for a company that values their employees by providing a fantastic and flexible company culture? Are you located in Canada and looking for a remote position? If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with an amazing team of people, Mobials wants to hear from you!
About the Role
The Accounting Associate (Bilingual) role is focused on executing daily accounting processes, including accounts receivable and accounts payable. To support the company’s strategic goals, you will be in constant communication with customers to ensure invoices are received and paid on time. You will also be responsible for data entry, financial reporting and resolving customer/vendor accounting related issues. You will play an integral part in ensuring the company’s transactions are accurately reported and communicated to the Accounting Supervisor. You possess a high degree of initiative, excellent attention to detail and you multi-task with ease. You must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills to carry out the duties of this role. This is an entry-level role with progression opportunity to Accounting Coordinator.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the accounting department and respond to all relevant questions from employees, vendors and customers.
- Process product subscription payments and follow-up with customers when payments fail to process.
- Assist in onboarding new customers by providing billing details and obtaining payment methods (I.e. credit card).
- Reply to billing inquiries from customers via email or phone call in a timely manner.
- Assist with processing vendor invoices and employee expense reports as needed.
- Complete a variety of daily and monthly accounting entries in collaboration with the Accounting Supervisor.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Make bank deposits as required.
- Process payment for company bills and ensure debts are collected.
- Organize and maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Assist the Account Supervisor with monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting.
- Update and maintain our CRM (HubSpot) with accurate billing information for all customers.
- Perform other duties, projects and initiatives as assigned.
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in Accounting, Business or related field.
- Bilingual (both verbal and written) in English and French.
- Strong computer literacy and experience working with bookkeeping software.
- Knowledge of or experience with accounting software (Sage, Zuora) is considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- General knowledge of accounting principles, financial reporting and legislation.
- High initiative, well organized, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving and math skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of accountability, accuracy, and efficiency, especially when multitasking.
Who We are Looking For
- You are not scared to ask questions, rather, you are always wanting to learn
- Curious learners = creativity = innovation = positive change
- Great attention to detail
- You like to work with a team
- You are not scared to offer your opinion, because we value diversity of thought
- You take great pride in yourself and your work … you are a fan of you!
Life at Mobials Inc (You will WANT to read this part!)
- An amazing work atmosphere and culture that is second to none.
- If local to London, ON, enjoy our rooftop patio and other cool spaces while you work!
- Education & personal development - we expect everyone to be learning and growing and we will support you, including financial support.
- Work life balance - Mobials allows flex-time scheduling and has competitive vacation benefits. We understand that life happens!
- Benefits - there is a company-wide, company paid health and dental program
- Social committee - we organize socials regularly (Beach Day, tubing, office olympics, scavenger hunts, etc.) and have a super fun annual Christmas party.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.