This posting has expired and applications are no longer being received and this job does not show up on the main job list.
||Jan 21, 2021
||College Diploma (3 years)
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry provides outstanding education within a research-intensive, distributed learning environment where tomorrow’s physicians, dentists and health researchers and other scholars learn to be socially responsible leaders in the advancement of human health. The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry is the largest Faculty on the Western University campus and employs over 1,800 part time and full time faculty and over 1,500 staff.
Information Services (IS) provides high quality Information Technology and Management services to the School of Medicine & Dentistry in support of the School’s mission.
The Programmer is responsible for end-user application systems programming and development services for Schulich Information Services. Schulich currently has several in-house database applications that are critical to day-to-day operations. These applications help to support major administrative business processes within the School. The incumbent will be part of the development team responsible for developing, supporting, maintaining and evolving these applications and the related data, in order to meet the needs of Schulich. The existing applications are used by faculty, staff, students and hospital end users on campus as well as other sites that comprise the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry.
- 3 year College diploma in Computer Science or a related field
- University degree in Computer Science is preferred
- 2 years' previous experience with application design and development methodologies and practices in a team environment
- Some experience via a co-op or job related experience would be a definite asset 2 years of relevant application system development work experience
- 2 years of programming experience within a Microsoft .NET environment and PHP
- Experienced with relational SQL Server database administration, modeling, and support
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient code writing and ability to write documentation, user manuals and guides
- Knowledge of modern programming and scripting platforms including Microsoft .NET, Visual Studio, PHP, C# etc.
- SQL Server database administration, modeling, and support
- Working knowledge of web server and deployment services especially Microsoft IIS
- Skilled at programming for relational databases including MS SQL Server
- Working knowledge of application program interfaces (APIs) and their usage
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service skills to handle enquiries and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to analyze and synthesize sizable amounts of detail/data
- Excellent communications skills to effectively interact with technical and non-technical users
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies
- Self-driven, independent thinker who is highly motivated and possesses an intrinsic passion for quality
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference #21281, by midnight on February 3, 2021.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.