Research Lead (Data & Enterprise Architecture Teams)
If you are passionate about Data & Enterprise Architecture Research then we would love to hear from you!
The Research Lead, Data & Enterprise Architecture, leads a team in creating and delivering client-driven, project-based, practical research and advisory that helps IT leaders drive measurable results in their organizations. The Research Lead acts as the research and people leader responsible for the Data & Enterprise Architecture practice’s research projects and advisory operations.
The Research Lead will maintain an active pulse on the needs of members as well as industry development, deliver exceptional service via calls and workshops, collaborate with other Leads within ITRG Research Management team, and oversee the high quality of Data & Enterprise Architecture research and advisory services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading a team of Data & Enterprise Architecture Analysts responsible for producing world-class research and supporting and engaging a dedicated set of Research members via online advisory support and on-site workshops, when safe to do so.
- Ensuring the development of a best-practice research agenda on strategic Data & Enterprise Architecture topics and growing advisory and consulting services provided to members.
- Using practical experience and knowledge to motivate, coach, and develop Analysts, with a focus on helping IT leaders develop their departments; and ensuring that the resources we offer will help fulfill their mandates.
- Helping CIOs take a leading role in guiding their organizations towards success by ensuring Analysts provide thought-provoking research and best-practice deliverables.
- Ensuring Analysts remain current in their respective subject matter, so they are equipped to inform IT leaders of the most relevant technology trends, as well as the initiatives being prioritized by their peers.
- Design and build of high-quality keynote/other presentations, and successful delivery of presentations as needed.
Areas of focus for this role includes:
- Agenda Planning. Contribute to Info-Tech’s Research Agenda planning activities by working with Analysts and other stakeholders to identify trends, propose research topics, and ensure research outlines and scoping documents are developed.
- Research. As a Research Lead, ensure that your team of Analysts develop research content centered around best practice methodologies, practical case studies, and Data & Enterprise Architecture research to provide members with the resources they need to be successful IT managers and leaders.
- Member Advisory. Leverage our research to assist members through the process of executing Data & Enterprise Architecture projects or process improvements connected to IT and business, either remotely (working through a series of structured calls or online workshops) or onsite when it is safe to do so (working through structured workshops).
- Service Quality. Ensuring that your team provides measurable value to our clients through the various services provided: research, calls, workshops, and consulting.
- Business Development Support. Support business development activities for Consulting services by ensuring Analysts are participating in proposal writing, project scoping, and client presentations. Identify opportunities to provide value to clients through workshops and consulting engagements and work with our commercial teams to define the scope and project outcomes.
- Account Renewal Rate. Work jointly with your team and the account managers to reengage customers with low service levels through targeted campaigns and outreach.
- Presentation Development & Delivery. Develop keynote/other presentations that will be delivered during client events organized by Info-Tech Research Group, client organizations or prospects, or partner organizations, etc.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in business or technology, or other related discipline, or equivalent experience required.
- Certifications in an IT or project management related topic e.g. PMP, COBIT 5, ITIL an asset.
- 8+ years’ experience in Information Technology Research related roles, including experience managing teams.
- Experience mentoring, developing, and training staff.
- Must have practical experience in at least 4 of the following areas:
- Data Strategy
- Data Governance
- Enterprise Content Management
- Master Data Management
- Advanced Analytics and Reporting
- Data Architecture
- Enterprise Architecture
- Solution Architecture
- Application Architecture
- Machine Learning
- Platform Experience: Familiarity with MS Azure components is desirable
- Data Tools Experience: Familiarity with Data and Analytics tooling such as PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, Snowflake, Redshift, Informatica, Boomi, Collibra very desirable.
Must be flexible and have ability to travel occasionally to deliver workshops onsite at client locations both within and outside of North America, when it is safe to do so.
Must be eligible to obtain appropriate work Visa for cross-border work within North America and globally.
Must be available for after-hours work periodically to service APAC clients.
- Inclusion. Contributes to an environment in which all employees feel a sense of belonging, valued for their differences, and empowered to participate and contribute freely.
- Domain Expertise. Must have a strong knowledge of areas such as Data Strategy, Enterprise Architecture and Artificial Intelligence.
- Leadership Qualities. Proven ability to motivate, coach, and empower team members to deliver organizational goals, while delivering value back to employees.
- Project Management. Manage project scope, budget effectively, and report on project progress within a timely manner.
- Planning & Results Orientation. Invests time in upfront planning to achieve organizational goals and objectives while meeting quality standards, following the appropriate processes, and demonstrating continuous commitment.
- Business Development. Generate advisory sales leads from interactions with clients, whether during analyst calls or during project work, and proposing Info-Tech Research Group’s services to fulfill Members’ needs.
- Client Interaction and Facilitation. Ability to build rapport, establish credibility as a trusted advisor, and communicate effectively with clients both remotely and through facilitated in-person sessions.
- Research. Apply primary and secondary research, along with superior analytical and written communication skills, to lead the team in producing high-quality, published research for our members.
- Writing Ability. Ability to craft and word deliverables in a clear and concise manner. Achieve an aesthetically appealing outcome that is polished and professional.
- Managing Through Change & Uncertainty. Adjusts thinking and behavior to resiliently face change and uses experience to fuel growth. Embraces failure as a learning opportunity for themselves and others. Enables the process of change and transition while helping others deal with the effects of change.
- Dynamic Learning Mindset. Continuously seeks opportunities to learn, questions the applicability of past approaches in the current environment, owns growth, and embraces failure as a learning opportunity.
- Event Speaking. Ability to present credibly, articulately, and confidently at Info-Tech’s own events or at external events and conferences.
ITRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process