Accounts Payable Coordinator
StarTech.com is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Accounts Payable Coordinator on our Finance Team, based in London, ON.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable, the Accounts Payable Coordinator will join an experienced team to process accounts payable transactions and work closely with all departments to verify approval, coding and accuracy of all expenditures. The Accounts Payable Coordinator is a first point of contact for vendors, and works to research and resolve discrepancies and issues in a timely manner. In addition, the Accounts Payable Coordinator assists with miscellaneous payments for several corporate entities in various currencies, as well as processing employee expense reports.
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
In this role you will:
- Process all invoices including inventory, non-stock, freight bills, inter-company transactions, and corporate expenses, ensuring accurate coding and approvals are obtained in conjunction with the corporate purchase order policy
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements, and resolve account discrepancies by corresponding with vendors to investigate issues in a timely manner
- Work with vendors to update and maintain vendor databases
- Process miscellaneous payments, including employee expense reports and invoices for various countries in several currencies while obtaining proper coding and approvals
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting documents and maintaining archival records
- Assist with month-end closing to ensure expenditures are recorded in the proper period, as well as preparing and distributing monthly reports
- Post-Secondary Education in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or similar area
- 3+ years of related experience within a busy, dynamic finance environment
- Familiarity with invoices, aging reports, purchase orders, vendor accounts, inventory and movement, and currency exchange
- A self-starter outlook, with the confidence to proactively look for solutions while enjoying challenges and new learning opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and accurately, meet deadlines and collaborate cross functionally with teammates and other departments
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, formulas)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP system is a bonus
What we Offer:
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- StarTech.com Product Discount
- Bonus Plan based on individual performance
How to Apply
Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to www.startech.com/careers
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.