Controls Specialist - Intermediate
JMP Solutions runs on the skill and expertise of Controls Specialists. Responsible for virtually all technical work with respect to projects and service provided to customers, as a Control Specialist with JMP you would have a pivotal role in solving our customer’s business problems using your creativity and technical expertise to create, design and implement innovative controls systems solutions. Be on the front lines interfacing with customers while providing tier-1 service and support and value-added expertise in the areas of project management and business development.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Technically, Controls Specialists will work on various stages of automation and control projects including electrical design, PLC programming HMI design SCADA systems and troubleshooting/testing/debugging
- You will exercise Project Management skills by assisting with quoting, materials ordering and budgeting
- Participate in planning sessions that will identify industry business drivers and trends that will serve as the basis for developing key offerings to our clients, attend client field service and emergency calls and partake in customer meetings sharing your technical expertise
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- An Electrical/Mechanical/Computer Engineer or Technologist with a minimum of 2+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC-5, SLC500, ControlLogix), HMI Programming, AutoCAD/Electrical Design, Debug/Testing/Commissioning
- Knowledgeable regarding industry or manufacturing processes (agricultural processing, automotive, food and beverage and pharmaceutical environments is beneficial)
- A proven self-starter
- Motivated by challenges
- Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2020 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.