Marketing Specialist- SoftwareReviews
SoftwareReviews is looking for a driven and organized individual with great communication skills to join the team as Marketing Specialist, focused on software vendor engagement and growth. The role will be responsible for increasing vendor usage of SoftwareReviews awards and collaborating to drive distribution and presentation of awards across vendor websites. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate to leverage experience in sales outreach and client success, and work cross-functionally with sales and marketing to expand the reach of the program.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
(Work from Anywhere in Canada)
The main goal of this role will be to engage with software-as-a-service (SaaS) vendors, and partner with them to display SoftwareReviews award badges and other marketing collateral with backlinks to the SoftwareReviews domain. To achieve success, you should have a strong grasp of engagement and business development strategies, excellent communication and relationship building skills, and a strong understanding of the B2B software industry. The Marketing Specialist will work closely with the marketing team, supporting teams (such as sales and development), and with external vendor clients and prospects.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Plan and execute outreach and engagement programs to convince vendor winners to utilize award content on their websites including a link back to the SoftwareReviews website
- Communicate the benefits of the Vendor Award program to clients and prospects, and coordinate tailored outreach plans in partnership with the sales team
- Establish credibility and trust with internal and external partners to build award adoption.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
- BA/BS degree
- 2-4 years of experience preferably in business development/sales, client success or marketing role
- Experience with selling/marketing to marketing and product marketing/management roles
- Experience in B2B software industry a plus
- Experience with Salesforce a plus, specifically reporting, campaign object, and dashboard creation
- Experience with or interest to learn Marketo or other leading marketing automation platforms
- Experience with or interest to learn marketing analytics tools like Google Analytics a plus
TOP CANDIDATES WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING BEHAVIOURS
- Communication: Ability to communicate in a clear, compelling, and concise manner in external and internal communications. Able to influence decisions makers and articulate a compelling value prop of working with SoftwareReviews.
- Persistence and Resilience: Demonstrates consistent tenacity in managing campaigns and successfully overcomes setbacks and disappointments.
- Attention to Detail: Strong focus and attention to detail when dealing with complex campaigns and incoming data quality.
- Organization Skills: Ability and discipline to effectively manage a series of diverse and complex campaigns with on-going re-prioritization and focus
- Analytical skills: Exceptional ability to synthesize and distill large amounts of information from campaigns, and make strategic adjustments accordingly
- Learning-minded: Always looking for opportunities to grow and learn, thinking of new innovative solutions to data collection and marketing
- Creativity: Able to build creative means to engage prospects, and then be creative in building solutions to meet mutual goals between SoftwareReviews and our vendor partners.
- Collaborate with marketing to execute the go-to-market plan for the Vendor Award program
- Identify and develop both new business and expansion opportunities through conversations and engagement with clients and prospects
- Measure and report on KPIs to key stakeholders in marketing and sales
- Continually optimize the award and collateral program through client feedback, process improvement, and technology for program efficiency
- Scale and increase the reach of this program using automation tools
- Experiment with and recommend different engagement tactics to drive award interest and usage