Cloud Security Engineer (DevSecOps)
As a Cloud Security Engineer within the Canada Life Information Security Department, you will be responsible for securing our AWS, Azure, and GCP cloud platforms. You will be both hands-on technical and influential, where you will be expected to directly communicate with cross-functional teams in Product, Development, and DevOps.
What you will do:
- Conduct risk-based assessment of cloud infrastructure, workloads, and associated business processes.
- Maintain our Cloud-Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) and its security tools (CSPM, CWP, CASB, CSNS, etc.) with an emphasis on promoting automation.
- Involvement in DevSecOps operations, within Agile environments, such as implementing and reviewing security controls and artifacts on CI/CD pipelines (GitLab, Jenkins, etc.).
- Validate internal, external, and crowd-sourced security findings and triage them to Infrastructure, Development, and DevOps teams.
- Participate in vulnerability management operations, such as: reporting, retesting, and reprioritizing vulnerabilities, reviewing changes, approving proposed remediations, etc.
- Contribute technical documentation towards the team’s knowledge base.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 2-3 years of demonstrated experience working with cloud computing environments and securing them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English). Ability to write clear and concise assessment reports that include findings, relevance, recommendations, etc.
- Ability to think offensively like a hacker and defensively by evaluating infrastructure and architecture.
- Strong scripting and automation skills (APIs, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Ability to work with Infrastructure as Code (IaC), tools like Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Familiarity with containerisation and microservices architecture security concepts.
- Expertise in Kubernetes, securing clusters, networking best practices and RBAC implementation.
- Cloud/Kubernetes administration and security certifications preferred (AWS, Azure, GCP, CKA, CKS).
Given the size and scope of our organization, we have the flexibility for this position to be located in the following head office locations: Ottawa, Toronto, London, Winnipeg.
Be your best at Canada Life- Apply today!
Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future success.
You can be your best here. You’re part of a diverse and inclusive workplace where your career and well-being are championed. You’ll have the opportunity to excel in your way, finding new and better ways to deliver exceptional customer and advisor experiences.
Together, as part of a great team, you’ll deliver on our shared purpose to improve the well-being of Canadians. It’s our driving force. Become part of a strong and successful company that’s trusted by millions of Canadians to do the right thing.
Canada Life serves?the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to?reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.