JMP Solutions – Automation & Robotics is seeking a driven Office Manager to own planning and overseeing all administrative support and office services for the division, as well as support our Corporate function. This includes coordinating and communicating office activities, reception duties, and supporting the procurement function. They will also assist in a wide variety of administrative duties in support of the Automation & Robotics leadership and sales team. Duties include but are not limited to calendar management, divisional reporting, and meeting minute-taking.
We’re looking for an individual with a high degree of initiative and impeccable organizational skills to be the friendly face people see when they come into the office. If you’re a proactive people-person with a keen attention to detail, this could be a great fit for you!
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Reception: greet and sign in visitors to the facility, answer and direct incoming calls, read and sort mail/correspondence
- Proofreading: review documents, reports, presentations, and correspondence prepared for format, content, grammar, spelling and make edits as necessary
- Support the division’s growing procurement function
- Event Planning: annual open house, customer visits, etc.
- Calendar management: leadership team, team vacation tracking, and scheduling meetings
- Prepare and submit the leadership team’s expenses for reimbursement
- Divisional reporting
- Managing requests for temporary workers
- Provide back up to Corporate Travel Coordinator
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks supporting both the Automation & Robotics division and Corporate head office as required
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Relationship builder and all around ‘people-person’ who develops great working relationships and demonstrates a strong customer service orientation while acting as the face of the Automation & Robotics division
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with an ability to juggle multiple demands – you thrive in an ever-changing environment
- Experience in an administrative role
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio)
- Experience with ERP systems
- Able to work independently under minimal supervision
- The legal ability to travel within Canada and the United States
What Does Success Look Like in this Role?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. JMP’s Core Competencies are essential to employee success. JMP employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 15 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
We are CFE Media’s 2nd fastest growing Systems Integrator in the world on the 2019 System Integrator Giants list, certified as a “Great Place to Work” 2013 through 2019 and a “Best Workplaces Canada” award recipient from 2013 through 2019 and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified.
Who is the Automation & Robotics Team?
We tackle challenging robotic pick-and-place, packaging, palletizing, assembly, and quality inspection applications for clients across North America in multiple industries. Typical projects range between 3-12 months in duration, $100k to $10M+ in value, and 3 to 20 team members you can count on.
We are problem solvers who automate and improve manufacturing processes through innovative projects. Speed, precision, flexibility, adaptivity, and tenacity are traits that our people share with the robotic systems we create. With an intense focus on customer experience, we are growing rapidly and constantly evolving.
Click here to see a JMP Solution in action: https://youtu.be/VE54s8Dc0kE
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why Join the JMP Team?
At JMP we invest in our employees. JMP provides a very challenging work environment and believes in treating all employees with respect and providing equitable compensation. We empower our employees to use their creativity and problem-solving skills daily. We have a solid performance management system and a supportive leadership team to help us achieve our personal and corporate objectives.
What Do Our Employees Say about JMP?
“JMP is a great place to work because everyone on the team has the opportunity to make meaningful and significant contributions to the projects they are working on. We are always working on innovative projects in a wide range of industries which always keeps the job interesting.”
- Employee, Automation & Robotics Division
“I love working at JMP because it’s fast-paced and I’m never bored. There is a ton of room to grow and I’m always able to push my boundaries and feel supported while doing it. I have been given a lot of great opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.”
“I have been bombarded with new things and JMP has the support structure both in the office and across North America to help me smoothly navigate this transition. My advice to new hires at JMP is to take advantage of the resources available to you. There are 250+ other employees you can learn from and so many different directions you can take your career.”
- Employee, Fairfield Office
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.