StarTech.com is looking for a Product Developer to join our Product Development team in London, Ontario.
Reporting to the Manager, Product Development, the Product Developer works closely with Product Managers, Verification, Information Creation and Manufacturers in developing new product solutions as well as enhancing and extending the existing global product portfolio. The Product Developer will define product requirements, design products at the integrated circuit level, perform technical evaluations and determine testing criteria needed to ensure released products meet the functional and quality needs of our customers and the market.
In this role you will:
- Source product offerings from vendors to identify options based on approved development plans
- Assess suitability of sourced products to their applications, and perform application specific testing
- Author product requirement documentation, create product verification documentation and complete verification of products.
- Maintain process data and workflows as necessary to complete product release and ensure hand-off to other departments
- Review marketing copy and technical writing provided by the Product Information Creation team for accuracy and completion
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge in the electronics industry as well as available integrated circuits and applications
- Communicate regularly with offshore manufacturers via phone, email and conference calls, sometimes after hours due to time shifts
What you can show us:
- Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering Degree, or Electrical Technologist Diploma with 2+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more of the following areas are a strong plus: AV protocols and signaling, network architectures and protocols, data storage methodologies and protocol, high speed signaling and signal integrity, USB protocol and device management, cable construction for high speed data transfer or PC architecture and interfacing
- Hands-on experience with electrical measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters
- Proven ability to form collaborative and effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams
- High-level understanding manufacturing methodologies for electronic products (PCBA fabrication, cable construction, etc)
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with offshore vendors would be beneficial
What We Offer:
- A Comprehensive Benefit Plan and RRSP Matching
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Fitness Subsidy
- Training and Development Program
- Paid Charity Day and Regular Company Fun Events
- Casual Dress Code – Jeans are allowed!
- Free Parking and Subsidized Employee Café
- Bonus Plan
How to Apply
- Submit your resume in confidence by applying on-line directly to startech.com/careers
- Apply via our LinkedIn posting on our LinkedIn Careers page
We are in the business of human-centered experiences starting with yours. We believe delivering on our promise of "hard-to-find, made easy" begins with an employee experience founded in opportunity, teamwork, empowerment, and curious minds always asking what if. Not only does our commitment to the exceptional deepen relationships with our partners and customers, it also ignites connection within our team.
Born and raised in London, Ontario, Canada and now taking on the world, we are a vibrant and growing tech company with a proven track-record of success. StarTech.com makes it easy for IT professionals around the globe to identify, find, get and use the hard-to-find connectivity parts they need to enable and enhance their technology solutions.
Operating in 23 countries globally, we are honoured to be named by Kincentric in 2019 as one of Canada’s “Best Employers” as well as “one of Canada’s fastest growing companies” for a ninth year in a row by “Profit 500”.
StarTech.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, StarTech.com will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.