Manager, Application Development
The Manager, Application Development leads a team of developers in the planning, design, coordination and implementation of software applications.
- Define technical solutions and research alternatives to meet business requirement goals, end user requirements and system requirements
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings. Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Define system responsibilities and document data flows between systems
- Write epics and detailed user stories to populate the product backlog. Estimate stories in the backlog to facilitate release planning, project approvals and prioritization
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations. Approve and schedule holidays and absences for team members. Maintain a minimum team size.
- Advocate ongoing system updates including hardware and platform solutions.
- Provide technical leadership to programmers working on development project teams.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Application Development, or Information Technology (nice to have but not required)
- Any certification is an asset (an Agile Certification or Project Management is preferred)
- Development background is ideal
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in development
- Demonstrated experience overseeing technical direction of large scale projects
- Previous management experience ideal, but not required
- Exposure to Ruby on Rails an asset. Experience working within a cloud based infrastructure an asset
ITRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
8-10 years: Development Experience