We are looking for someone who’s driven, self-motivated and has a passion for industry-leading data management practices. Sound like you? If so, you may be our next Data Architect!
CARFAX’s mission is to help millions of people shop, buy, own or sell used cars with more confidence. As a leader in vehicle history and valuation, CARFAX provides impartial and comprehensive information for consumers and the automotive industry. CARFAX‘s Canadian headquarters supports North American product development, drawing on billions of data records from thousands of sources, CARFAX products enable used vehicle buyers and sellers to make informed decisions. CARFAX is consistently recognized as a top employer and business. CARFAX is a part of IHS Markit, (NYSE: INFO), a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions. Find out more at www.carfax.ca and connect with CARFAX on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
The Data Architect will conceive a vision for our data environment that will sustain our growth and product directions and create a detailed and aligned plan to achieve that vision. The Data Architect should consult with stakeholders to understand current state and recommend solutions to improve new and existing databases. They will lead the Data Management team and organization in an iterative transition from current to an ideal state. Although the Data Architect should provide thought leadership in data management, they must be hands on and help build our data environment.
- Contribute to the design, configuration, and maintenance of business reporting systems as well as the data warehouses that help the company manage its operational, financial and planning data
- Develop and deliver on strategic goals for information architecture vision and standards in conjunction with data users, department managers, clients and other key stakeholders
- Evaluate, recommend and select data warehouse components including hardware, database management systems, ETL (extract, transform, load) software, data mining tools and meta data management tools
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap which could include Big Data Platforms, Object Storage and RDBMS
Education and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, database administration or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in business analytics/intelligence and data warehousing/modelling
- ETL design and implementation experience
- Experience with Pentaho/Kettle ETL technology is a Strong Asset
- Proven experience working with cloud storage (AWS, Azure, Soft Layer)
- Proficiency with MS Office 365
- Architect-level experience supporting Enterprise Data Warehouses and Business Intelligence environments
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL), Microsoft SQL and associated services (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Ability to compare technologies and make recommendations
- Big data technology and REST/SOAP web service knowledge are considered assets (NoSQL, MongoDB, HDFS etc.)
The successful candidate will be required to be onsite at our London, ON office 3 days a week when it is safe to do so.
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonus, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until January 25, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!