JOB LOCATION: Canada (Remote)
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager (FT/Perm)
JOB SALARY: 64,000 - 107,000 + Bonus
JOB REPORTS TO: Director, Business Development
JOB DEPARTMENT/UNIT NAME: Business Development
The Business Development Manager supports the growth of Alimentiv business and generates annual sales by identifying new strategic opportunities, developing sales plans, meeting with clients, responding to requests for proposals and providing project costing support. As well, the BD Manager supports bid defenses, contract negotiations, research of new product offerings or markets and project initiation processes.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Sales Growth and New Business Support
- Assist with strategic sales planning.
- Achieve annual sales target objective.
- Develop and assist in conducting client presentations.
- Develop draft proposals and cost estimates based on team meetings and discussions with operational groups and provide quality control of proposal documents.
- Support the Director and the Contracts team throughout the contract negotiation cycle as needed.
- Support business development marketing activities by attending trade/scientific shows and collaborating with the Marketing group to create/maintain brochures, web content and presentations.
Client Management and Sales Administration
- Regularly meet with Sponsors (existing and potential) to ensure there is a clear understanding of the products/services Alimentiv offers and gauge satisfaction levels
- Throughout the project life cycle provide regular information/updates to clients, addressing and/or appropriately redirecting ongoing project issues while appropriately managing client expectations.
- Maintain and continually improve business development databases ensuring data remains accurate and current.
- Provide sales activity reporting as requested.
Other BD Support
- Provide support to the organization by analyzing and reporting on market trends, performing competitor reviews (products/pricing)
- Add sales/client team perspectives or provide support when the organization is developing new products or services and assessing new market growth opportunities.
- As needed, work with project and finance teams to monitor existing contract conditions and deliverables and billable milestone recognition during the project life cycle
- Assist with outside vendor or partner identification as required
Applicants should have a minimum of an undergraduate degree, or 3-5 years of relevant experience with significant job-related training. Further, the successful candidate will possess advanced knowledge of MS Office with an emphasis on MS Excel. Previous experience or knowledge in building budgets/costing is considered an asset.
- Travel - 25-35%
*Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.