Intermediate Software Engineer- .Net
As a .NET Developer you will work closely with the product team to develop new offerings under one of our largest divisions. You will drive new ideas that contribute to research, design, execution, documentation and modifications of software applications throughout the production life cycle.? The successful candidate will be a passionate C#?programmer who is comfortable with ownership, providing technical leadership?and is happy to guide and mentor junior associates.? Liaise?with Architects, Business Analysts, QA Analysts and other senior technical?teams involved in the delivery of our solutioning opportunities and engagements.?Join a?team, where you?will be encouraged to take strong ownership of your work, and given latitude to break ground on new ideas.
Our Software Developers are creators. They build our product offerings and help us reach our target audience which includes customers purchasing vehicles, customers looking up values of vehicles, customers looking to see how their product brand penetrates specific markets, customers who track their incentive programs and much more.
- Design, build and maintain enterprise .NET web-based applications utilizing Microsoft OWIN/Katana, .NET frameworks - .Net Core and established best patterns and practices
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems
- Work with business analysts, designers and other developers; contribute to research, design, execution, documentation and modification of software applications throughout the production life cycle
- Identify system deficiencies; recommend, schedule, and perform efficient software improvements and upgrades
- Maintain and improve code quality through peer reviews and unit testing
- Communicate with your team, share and document your work on a regular basis
- Develop, execute, and review unit, component, and integration level tests to verify requirements are met
- Ensure coding standards and product quality targets are met through the completion of code reviews
- Investigate and resolve complex technical issues for assigned projects
- Enable continuous improvement across the SDLC through the introduction of new technologies and processes
- Create and review technical and end user product documentation
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of software development experience with .NET
- Must-Have experience on SPA framework – Angular or React
- Experience with version control software such as Git
- Experience with relational and non-relational database design and development
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Web service integration using technologies such as XML, SOAP, REST
- Experience with microservices design and .NET Microservices Architecture
- Experience in full life cycle of software development; requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation
- Familiarity with process modeling techniques
- Knowledge of code and release management
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Stable work history and an ability to collaborate effectively with a distributed team (local & offshore)
The Career Opportunity:
This is an opportunity for you to grow your skill set as a solid full stack software engineer using enterprise-level tools and best practices within the software industry. You will be able to leverage the latest Microsoft technologies in a continuously integrated, continuously delivered, multi-tenant cloud based micro-service application suite.
You will be exposed to challenges that you see in a rapidly evolving industry with an established company.
Your career could move into Software Architecture, Software Consulting, Technical leadership or other opportunities you may find interesting.
The Team / The Business:
You will be part of an integrated DevOps team that includes Senior Software Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and business leaders.
Our Hiring Manager says:
”I’m looking for someone who wants to become a better developer and wants to help others become better too. We are looking for someone who has a passion for technology and enjoys working with like-minded people."
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, advisory services and data and analytics. A pioneer in the use of big data, artificial intelligence (AI) and algorithmic modeling capabilities to understand consumer behavior, J.D. Power has been delivering incisive industry intelligence on customer interactions with brands and products for more than 50 years. The world's leading businesses across major industries rely on J.D. Power to guide their customer-facing strategies.
J.D. Power is clear about what we do to ensure our success into the future. We unite industry leading data and insights with world-class technology to solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At J.D. Power, we strive to be Truth Finders, Change Makers and Team Driven - the distinct behaviors that, together, define our unique culture.
Truth Finders - At J.D. Power, we are proud of the unbiased data and findings we provide. As individuals, each and every member of our team is dedicated to living this same objectivity and embodying the highest ethical and professional standards – the only ‘favorite’ we have is the truth.
Change Makers - At J.D. Power, we never stand still. We constantly seek better ways – innovating and evolving in everything we do to support our colleagues and our clients alike – and all in service of delivering data and insights that drive meaningful business impact.
Team Driven - At J.D. Power, we are one team and we are activated. Regardless of individual role, every member of our team is dedicated to supporting their immediate colleagues and our broader J.D. Power family to deliver on our collective purpose and make us greater than the sum of our parts. At J.D. Power, these values are more than words. We bring these values to life throughout our organization through our employee event series — J.D. Power Values Days. Each quarter, we celebrate one of our core values and hold an annual event to celebrate our combined values at the end of the year.
We are dedicated to leveraging comprehensive and equitable practices which contribute to the overall success of the company and its employees. We invite you to learn more about our DE&I efforts.
J.D. Power is an equal opportunity employer and compliant with AODA/ADA legislation. If you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please specify.
To all recruitment agencies: J.D. Power does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.