Director, Research Operations
Are you passionate about operational planning & implementation of programs that empower Subject Matter Experts to deliver better services to clients? Do you want to work for a rapidly growing company that understands the importance of supporting employees through flexibility, inclusiveness, learning & development, options for internal career mobility, measurement of the Employee Experience, building strong relationships? If so, you could be Info-Tech’s next Director of Research Operations.
As the incumbent for this role, you will primarily manage the operations of IT Research and support all other department priorities. This role is responsible for agenda process planning and coordination, Research process tracking, reporting and metrics communication, webinar and video coordination, and Research Kickoff.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement day to day Research operations and processes that progress department initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate the Research agenda process through collaboration with department leaders.
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day operations of the Research department.
- Support the development and implementation of organizational plans to build awareness, understanding, and buy-in of changes.
- Organize and coordinate programs and provide strategic guidance to teams and project managers.
- Track and communicate all process activities and milestones.
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and productivity.
- Plan and execute Research Kickoff at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- Work with the Public Relations department to identify opportunities for Research staff.
- Monitor the outcomes of all operational activities and ensure that key figures adapt appropriately to them.
- Manage the ongoing coordination and execution of Research webinars and videos.
- Build and maintain relationships with all department leaders to achieve business goals.
- Collaborate with Research leadership in the development of budgetary and financial plans.
- Analyze current operational processes and make recommendations for improvements.
Areas of focus for this role includes:
- Operations. Leading and carrying out all relevant operational activities to ensure successful execution of various Research Processes
- Service Quality. Preparing and disseminating communications relating to Research Department metrics.
- Research Support. Coordination of all necessary resources for Research & Advisory staff to carry out the webinars and film the videos that support published Research content.
What you will need:
Education and Experience
- College or university degree in business administration or related field.
- Practical experience (3-5 years) working in progressive operational roles.
- Experience in budget and business plan development.
- In-depth experience working with business and operational metrics.
- Proven ability to develop and implement innovative solutions for increased productivity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various business software products.
- Presentation and facilitation experience demonstrated through prior operational roles.
- History of strong relationship building and management skills. Experience gaining and maintaining trusted advisor status with senior management and C-level executives.
Must be flexible and have ability to travel occasionally for Info-Tech events, typically within North America, when it is safe to do so.
Must be available for after-hours work periodically.
Skills & Attributes
- Inclusion. Contributes to an environment in which all employees feel a sense of belonging, valued for their differences, and empowered to participate and contribute freely.
- Domain Expertise. Must have strong knowledge of business operations & planning.
- Communication. Effectively and appropriately interacts with others to build relationships, influence others, and facilitate the sharing of ideas and information. Uses tact and diplomacy to navigate difficult situations. Relays key messages by creating a compelling story, targeted to specific audiences.
- Knowledge Application, Problem Solving & Decision Making. Can make relevant recommendations on next steps and helpful resources in response to indirect and direct cues and topics discussed during leadership and staff interactions. Uses critical thinking to evaluate problems, gather information, understand causes, and identify best possible solutions. Invests time in planning, discovery, and reflection to drive better decisions and more efficient implementations.
- Project Management. Manage project scope and report on project progress within a timely manner.
- Metrics Tracking & Reporting. Reporting organizational performance measurements, and results benchmarking (both internally and externally).
- Financial Planning. Includes skills such as budget development, forecasting, and analysis; also includes the ability to set financial goals and manage financial resources.
- Writing Ability. Ability to craft and word documentation for leadership and staff in a clear and concise manner. Achieve an aesthetically appealing outcome that is polished and professional.
- Managing Through Change & Uncertainty. Adjusts thinking and behavior to resiliently face change and uses experience to fuel growth. Embraces failure as a learning opportunity for themselves and others. Enables the process of change and transition while helping others deal with the effects of change.
- Dynamic Learning Mindset. Continuously seeks opportunities to learn, questions the applicability of past approaches in the current environment, owns growth, and embraces failure as a learning opportunity.
ITRG is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. To that end, upon request, ITRG will ensure, to the extent possible, that accommodation be made available to applicants throughout the recruitment and hiring process