Data Analyst (Business Intelligence)
Hive Media redefines what it means to be a data-driven online publishing company. Our team focuses on creating and acquiring web properties, which allow us to build relationships with our readers, advertising partners and technology experts. We own and operate dozens of websites with highly verticalized content and use sophisticated technologies built in-house to deliver individualized experiences to our readers.
Hive Media Group is seeking a sharp, ambitious Data Analyst to join our team. The Data Analyst must be investigative and analytical by nature. We need someone who is adaptable, detail-oriented, and passionate about large data sets. The ideal candidate should be seeking increased responsibility, will have a passion for data, and a solid understanding of the digital publishing landscape. This is a great opportunity for someone who is seeking rapid career growth in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Independent, self-motivated individual that has a passion for solving puzzles.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized with a habit of checking and double-checking any work before submitting it for review.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills who is able to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information quickly and accurately.
- Team player with the ability to work across team functions to bring the best possible outcomes forward.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends/patterns in complex data sets.
- Produce reports for business leaders that are uniform, accurate, and consistent. Summarize key findings and propose action plans.
- Tell a story with data. Advise business leaders on which directions to go, how to pivot and adapt to an ever changing environment.
- Work cross functionally across Engineering, Product, Media, and Revenue teams to provide forecasting, data modeling, predictive analysis, and A/B testing insights and strategies.
- Investigate root causes for issues/anomalies and provide creative yet logical solutions for solving data and/or business intelligence problems.
- Research industry trends and identify new process improvement opportunities.
- 2+ years experience in data or business analytics, preferably in a digital publisher setting.
- Expert Excel skills with the ability to work with large data sets.
- Working knowledge of SQL and the ability to quickly learn internal tools
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc.
- Flexible, startup mindset, and ability to operate within a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong communicator, both written & verbal with the ability to communicate results to both technical, and non technical stakeholders.
- Eager to learn and grow to expand beyond the outlined responsibilities.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field.
- Preferred – understanding of the online advertising and publishing industry, campaign metrics, and media buying/selling.
Why Work for Hive Media?
- Competitive wages
- Employer contribution towards Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums for all regular full-time employees and their dependents.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Registered Retirement Saving Plan (RRSP) with company match for employees residing in Canada
- Paid Time Off
- We care about your career and foster a culture of learning. We provide dedicated time to improve your skills, lunch and learns, online courses, knowledge sharing between team members, and many more opportunities
- A management team focused on performance, growth, engagement and connection
- Company-sponsored events and fully hosted summer and winter parties.
*During the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will temporarily require the use of telework. Hive Media Group may require employees to return to regular, in-office work by state and local public health guidelines. Some "perks" will not be available during telework arrangements.
Hive Media Group LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.