Full Stack Software Developer
at J.D. Power (View all jobs)
London, Ontario, Canada
External Title: Full Stack Software Developer
Internal Title: Software Developer
Location: London, Ontario, Canada; Remote - Canada
Reports to: Software Development Team Lead
The Software Developer contributes to all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle through the analysis, design, implementation, verification, and maintenance of software solutions. This role works closely with business unit stakeholders to review requirements, validate designs, create work estimates, develop software, and verify product releases. The Software Developer also works in close collaboration with the Software Development Team Lead to implement best practices across all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Our Software Developers are creators. They build our product offerings and help us reach our target audience which includes customers purchasing vehicles, customers looking up values of vehicles, customers looking to see how their product brand penetrates specific markets, customers who track their incentive programs, and much more.
- Design and code software applications from business and technical specifications
- Develop and execute unit, component, and integration level tests to verify requirements are met
- Adhere to established coding standards and test coverage targets to ensure product quality
- Investigate and resolve technical issues for assigned projects
- Contribute to the creation of technical and end-user product documentation
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 1-3 years of software development experience with languages such as Java or .NET
- Experience with Java or .NET application servers
- Experience with web servers such as Apache HTTP Server or NGINX
- Experience with version control software such as Git or Perforce
- Experience with build tools such as Maven or Ant
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience with relational and non-relational database design and development
- Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and detail-oriented
The Career Opportunity:
This is an opportunity for you to grow your skillset as a solid programmer using enterprise-level tools and best practices within the software industry. Your career could move into Software Architecture, Software Consulting, Technical leadership, and even your business building software. You will be exposed to challenges that you see in a rapidly evolving industry with an established company.
The Team / The Business:
You will be part of a full project team that includes senior Software Developers, QA, Project Managers, and business leaders who are dedicated to a specific long term client.
Our Hiring Manager says:
”I’m looking for the kind of person who is flexible and a creative problem solver. There may be challenges we have never run across before and I need someone willing to explore options and not be afraid to voice them."
J.D. Power is a global leader in consumer insights, data, analytics, and advisory services that helps clients drive growth and profitability. The company’s industry benchmarks and reputation for independence and integrity have established it as one of the world’s most well-known and trusted brands.
Truth that Transforms: At J.D. Power, we amplify the voice of the consumer, and help brands improve the value of their products and services. Our capabilities empower everyone in the global commerce ecosystem, enabling better purchase decisions – and better business results. We understand that the customer experience is vital and that simply measuring it is not enough. Our analysts focus on driving results that improve customer loyalty and advocacy. Our success is driven by how much we help companies improve the customer experience. But data is only as powerful as the analysis and insights tied to it—and we put that power in the hands of our clients through our interactive reporting platforms. The data, analytics, insights, best practices, and action plans clients need are available whenever and wherever they need them, to help them make data-driven decisions that will improve their customer experience and drive positive financial results.