Team Leader - Controls
Automation and Robotics Division
Who is the Automation & Robotics Team?
We are problem solvers who automate and improve manufacturing processes through innovative projects. Speed, precision, flexibility, adaptivity, and tenacity are traits that our people share with the robotic systems we create. With an intense focus on customer experience, we are growing rapidly and constantly evolving.
Our team members tackle challenging robotic pick-and-place, packaging, palletizing, assembly, and quality inspection applications for clients across North America in multiple industries. Typical projects range between 3-12 months in duration, $100k to $10M+ in value, and 3 to 20 awesome team members you can count on.
Click here to see a JMP Solution in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE54s8Dc0kE
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
As a Team Leader - Controls, you will:
• Shares in setting direction of the Controls Group through technical guidance and individual mentorship to reinforce smart PLC and robot programming and methodical testing procedures.
• Acts as a strategic leader to assist team in overcoming challenging automation project obstacles through creative problem solving, tenacity, and objective decision making.
• Coach Controls Group in programming PLC’s, Robots, HMI’s, vision systems, etc. while monitoring performance to project budgets and schedules.
• Identify project risks and opportunities early in all projects and respond proactively
• Given the nature of the work, employees occasionally work over weekends or outside of standard business hours as required.
• Accountable for the performance review cycle and subsequent development of employees
• Drive alignment to PLC, Robot, HMI, Vision, and Production Reporting programming standards
• Establish and reinforce a culture of collaboration with proactive planning and communication
• Work with other managers to assign and schedule resources on projects and tasks as required
• Tackle continuous improvement initiatives to do more with less and improve project lead times
• Take charge of staffing recommendations, interviewing and recruitment efforts
• Collaborate with other group leaders and management to ensure project success
• Contribute to strategic planning of the Automation & Robotics Division to fuel growth
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
• Cumulative experience in a relevant technical and/or leadership role or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Post-secondary Degree/Diploma in Engineering from a recognized engineering faculty or equivalent qualification
• Advanced knowledge of Allen Bradley hardware, Fanuc and ABB robots, and industrial vision
• Ability to quickly earn the trust of team members and customers through your technical knowledge and strategic leadership
• Experience in the food, consumer packaged goods, and general manufacturing industries
• Project management experience or training is an asset
• An ability to work with multidisciplinary teams on fast-paced projects, managing multiple priorities
• Solid leadership skills and an ability to work successfully with a team that has diverse skills, knowledge, and educational backgrounds
• Prior exposure to a client-facing role delivering an extraordinary customer experience
• Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration and a win-win paradigm
• Works well with a variety of different people from diverse backgrounds
How could you boost your application?
· Experience with programming and electrical design
· A portfolio of projects in which you made significant contributions
· Proficiency with reading electrical and mechanical drawings
· Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team on innovative projects
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brain power
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world who is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We are certified as a “Great Place to Work” in both Canada and US. We have also been awarded one of the “Top 50 Best Workplaces Canada” nine (9) times, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion, for Women and Professional Services 2021.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted with strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.