Who is a Data Engineer?
The Data Engineer will play an important role in driving forward GoodLife’s Technology & Innovation product roadmap through helping to build data services that support ‘WOW’ experiences for our Members and Associates. In our mission to be the BEST combined Live and Digital fitness experience, data plays a significant role in empowering a more personalized and informed suite of digital services. Joining the Data Operations Team, you will help design, implement and maintain batch and real-time scalable data pipelines with complex data transformations. In addition, you will support our software developers, database architects and data analysts on data initiatives to ensure an optimal data delivery architecture. You will foster a positive working culture of continuous improvement, modernized delivery and rapid go-to-market product innovation. We work in a highly dynamic, fast changing, and fluid environment, and are seeking an energetic addition to the team!
What will you be doing?
- Design, build, maintain and improve data platform infrastructure for ingesting, storing, and transforming data to enable data-driven products and services
- Design, implement, and maintain batch and real-time scalable data pipelines with complex data transformations
- Write and optimize complex queries in order to make data easily and efficiently accessible to the consumers
- Apply industry best practices when designing and building data pipelines to ensure data integrity, quality and security
- Design and build prototyping solutions and conduct tests in order to support rapid product development and also to explore new design alternatives for our data platform
- Assist with day-to-day support for data-related technical issues and data infrastructure needs
- Maintain data governance artifacts to enable self-serve information access, including data catalog, data dictionary and data lineage documentation
- Monitor the overall performance and stability of the data pipelines infrastructure
- Work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment to support the development of data-driven products
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in ETL/data modeling, building scalable and reliable data pipelines, architecting data stores, supporting complex ETL processes including SLA, performance measurements, and monitoring
- Hands-on experience with leading Cloud platforms, including Azure Cloud Data Solutions and AWS
- Experience with Informatica IICS and Snowflake considered a strong asset
- Experience with message queues, batch and stream processing
- Excellent SQL skills and experience in a DevOps environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Detail oriented: high standard of data quality and integrity
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases like MongoDB is nice to have
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment and able to pivot quickly to align with changing priorities
- Strong people skills; team player; excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; Able to multi-task
- Committed to contributing to a culture that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces social and environmental responsibility
What's in it for you?
- Ongoing training and development to ensure a long and successful career path
- Career advancement opportunities
- Competitive Total Rewards Package
- FREE Fitness membership
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
APPLY NOW >>
At GoodLife Fitness, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and members feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in a manner that respects their dignity and that is equitable. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.