Senior Product Designer Lead
You Want to Work Here!
Are you looking to work one of the fastest growing technology company's in London, ON? Are you looking to work for a company that values their employees by providing a fantastic and flexible company culture? Are you located in Canada and looking for a remote position? If you are looking for a challenge and an opportunity to grow with an amazing team of people, Mobials wants to hear from you!
About the Role
The Senior Product Designer role is focused on cultivating positive user experiences for our customers through thoughtful design and usability of our suite of products. You will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams to design, test, and build products that deliver on the company’s product vision and strategy. You will conduct user research and testing, advocate for customers to decide the best possible user experience, act as a trusted guide and manage the Junior Product Designers and ensure a cohesive look and feel to our products. You are highly collaborative, well organized and possess exemplary attention to detail delivering quality designs on a consistent basis. You are an excellent speaker and could present your design work with confidence and ease to both internal and external stakeholders. This is a senior-level role.
- Evaluate the needs of our customer base and define strategic design goals and requirements.
- Conduct user research and uncover design insights and opportunities through usability testing, A/B testing, interviews, surveys, etc.
- Review user research findings and make data-driven decisions to determine the effectiveness of product or feature designs.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Software Developers and Customer Success to test and validate designs with our customers, and make recommendations based on customer feedback.
- Present potential designs to team members, Product Managers and Senior Leaders in the form of mock-ups, prototypes, storyboards, and/or process flows.
- Design graphic user interface elements to enhance the usability of our products, such as menus, tabs, and widgets.
- Design in accordance with the company’s style standards on specific fonts, colours and images.
- Translate user needs into product design components and advocate for our customers in product roadmap discussions ensuring the best possible user experiences.
- Manager and provide guidance and direction to Junior Product Designers ensuring a consistent quality product and individual performance.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Development partners to help build and maintain a unified design system.
- Communicate and collect feedback with the intention to validate the company’s design vision, strategy and products with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Work with Development to implement pixel-perfect designs into our product offering.
- Participate in strategic product meetings to help define, drive and execute on the company’s design vision.
- Perform other duties, projects, or initiatives as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate in Media Design, Interactive Design, or similar field.
- 5+ years of work experience as a full-stack Designer.
- Ability to design everything from low-fidelity mockups to high-fidelity visual design files, and familiarity with Agile product development processes.
- Experience providing and receiving intelligent and constructive design critique in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience mentoring a team of Designers.
- Familiarity or experience collecting feedback on your designs from team members, senior leaders, and customers.
- Experience with design systems and a modern product design stack (i.e., Sketch, Abstract)
- Exceptional attention to detail delivering consistent high quality design work.
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills.
- Innovative thinker and enthusiastic team player.
- Highly creative with an interest in the way people choose and use digital products.
- Proven ability to to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects.
- Takes initiative as well as full ownership over his/her work.
- Passion for learning and a willingness to explore new design tools and methodologies.
Who We are Looking For
- You are not scared to ask questions, rather, you are always wanting to learn.
- Curious learners = creativity = innovation = positive change
- Great attention to detail.
- You like to work with a team.
- You are not scared to offer your opinion. We value diversity of thought.
- You take great pride in yourself and your work … you are a fan of you!
Life at Mobials Inc (You WANT to read this part!)
- A remote first work environment
- Hotel desking is available in the head office location in London, ON
- Education & personal development - we expect everyone to be learning and growing and we will support you, including financial support.
- Work life balance - Mobials allows flex-time scheduling and has competitive vacation benefits. We understand that life happens!
- Benefits - there is a company-wide, company paid flex plan health and dental program
- DPSP - We help invest in you and your future
- Social committee - we organize socials regularly (Virtual Bingo, Virtual Lunches, Beach Day, office olympics, scavenger hunts, etc.) and have a super fun annual Christmas party.
We encourage applications from persons with disabilities and will provide support throughout the recruitment process, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications will be held in strictest confidence.