Business Planning Analyst
Northern delivers omni-channel commerce solutions, designed and developed with the best technology. We specialize in building Magento/Shopify eCommerce implementations, and full-service eCommerce marketing solutions. Our goal is to help our Clients decrease costs and maximize their bottom line by leveraging the benefits of web-based technologies.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Business Planning Analyst to support the delivery of quality business performance management, forecasting and reporting.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Business Planning Analyst will play an important role in many aspects of business operations across multiple lines of business. This a great opportunity to collaborate and learn from senior team members, while enhancing your overall skills and experience. To excel in this role, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment, have excellent problem solving skills, and be proficient in analyzing and managing financial and non-financial data.
If you have a passion for strategic business planning and finance and are looking to take the next step in your career with a dynamic company, we encourage you to apply.
As the Business Planning Analyst, you will:
- Support a cross functional team, including Finance, Sales and Production
- Explore ways to improve profitability and performance through research and analysis of financial and non-financial data
- Analyze and report on financial and non-financial data and across a variety of industries and businesses
- Provide recommendations for business improvement based on analysis and assist in implementing and managing related initiatives
- Assist with business development opportunities
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting across multiple lines of business
- Support and internal and external financial reporting
- Interact and collaborate with teams throughout Northern
- Develop and assist with implementing business processes and procedures to improve the management of operational risk
- Assist in the review of key documents/contracts
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities at any given time
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Must have outstanding communication skills — written, verbal and listening — and be comfortable facilitating discussions, as well as communicating insights and recommendations
- Possess the skills to be an internally motivated individual who has a talent for identifying process effectiveness opportunities and implementing change
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with both Finance and Sales/Production teams in order to create a cohesive partnership
- Naturally proactive, can anticipate needs of the business and provide support accordingly
- Superior skills concerning problem solving and the application of logic
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with loosely defined parameters
- Demonstrated ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to analysis and recommendations
- Knowledge and experience using SQL is considered an asset
- Advanced Excel skills
Education & Experience
- A College diploma, University degree in Business or Finance, or related experience
- 2 - 3 years’ experience as a Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, or similar
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting, and related experience
At Northern we recognize that experience comes in many different forms. If your experience is similar to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that the best problem-solving and creative thinkers are those with thought diversity; that’s why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to our team.
In exchange for your talent and expertise, Northern is committed to providing competitive compensation, health benefits, flexible work schedules, delicious meals, company retreats, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a fun, supportive environment that will allow you to be your best!
Equity and Diversity
Northern invites applications from all qualified individuals. Northern is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from all individuals, including but not limited to members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations please let us know when you apply.
Apply To Position