Intermediate – Software & Communication
ESAC leads the electrical industry in innovative power system integrated solutions based on technology, service and value. We are seeking a driven, technically skilled intermediate Electrical Engineer to join our Power Systems division. In this senior role, you’ll be part of a dynamic team, gaining new skills and industry experience, applying your knowledge in practical, meaningful ways for our clients. In addition to a competitive compensation package, ESAC offers a relaxed office environment, flexible work time, and opportunity to grow. Our multidiscipline team is our greatest asset, and we want you to be a part of it.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design SCADA HMI, HTML5, and SQL based systems for integrated solutions
- Develop and deploy standalone and cloud solutions for various vertical markets
- Define and budget software and communication for utility/generation applications and markets
- System field research, analysis with studies, specifications, detailed technical design, development/fabrication, site installation, commissioning, and reports
- Modeling and optimizing equipment design related to increased safety, reliability, or efficiency
- Interact with Internal/External stakeholders on technical issues within their scope of deliverables
What We're Looking For
- Electrical or Software Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience with integrated electrical power systems and interactive solutions
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in:
- Java, Lua, Python, HTML5, VB, SQL programming, and relational database management
- SVG/HTML5, Inkscape design/development, review/analyze, testing/monitoring, maintaining, and documenting
- Microsoft Server Technologies (MS Office 365 E3, Terminal Services, Azure)
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare, VirtualBox)
- Serial, ethernet, wireless communications, SOAP, DNP3, Modbus protocols, and SCADA HMI graphics, alarming historians with reporting
- Strong attention to detail, high degree of accuracy in work, and solid organizational skills
- Excellent communication and project leadership capabilities, willingness to mentor team members
Interested? We’d love to hear from you! Please send us your resume with a brief cover letter to introduce yourself and include the position you apply to. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with a disability are available upon request during the interview process. To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please email or call us. ESAC is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer, and we encourage any interested and qualified candidate to apply – diversity is what makes us great!